C H A P T E R 24

DENYA

She cried, and slept and repeated the whole cycle. If she was fine, her thoughts drift back to the event and she would end up crying again. Mostly because she felt humiliated and secondly it was because she loved him. All the things that they shared was it also fake? Every time they kissed or every time they told each other they loved one other was it all a joke? Didn't he feel anything for her was this all really just to get back at Logan?

Denya rose from her bed and made her way to the kitchen to take some ice cream and walked back to her room. She decided to watch movies and tv shows in the hope it will get her mind off things. Until her mom screamed her name and told her to go downstairs.

"Denya don't be lazy your friends are here." Her mom screamed frustrated because the poor women didn't know what was going on with her daughter.

"Tell them I'm sleeping." She screamed back at her mom.

It grew quiet so she lay down in bed and closed her eyes that were red because of crying.

It took her 2 hours to finally get out of bed, it took her 2 hours to put herself together because she was shattered. She could have been productive, but instead she spent her time crying. Denya felt ashamed, she felt like she didn't deserve to cry like this. It was her own fault, he didn't force her to fall in love with him. He didn't do much did he? It was all her own doing. She was so naïve.

She went back downstairs to meet her mom and tell her she will be going out but stopped in her tracks. Denya didn't like to eavesdrop but she still did it.

"I want to see him." My mom told my dad almost crying.

"I do not care. He will not step foot in my house." My dad said angry and started walking towards the door where Denya was behind.

"His my son, you can't forbid me to see Brandon. I admit I have done stupid things in the past and I'm sorry for that, but my kids will always come before anyone els. You should know that Kevin." My mom spoke loudly, she didn't expect to hear her dad to laugh.

His laughter was something that had always have been something unfamiliar since he never laughed. Her dad always had a stone cold expression on his face, but she knew that he loved her despise it all.

"I always knew he wasn't my son. I always led it slide, but I have had enough." My dad spoke loud and clear.

Denya stood there unsure of what to do, she left the house without telling them she would be out. Denya walked all the way to Jay's house but stood there unsure if she should turn back or go inside anyways. It was better to just go back home she thought to herself, but the door was opened by Dean.

He smiled at her and pulled her in a hug. His hair was messy he led her inside and Denya saw that everyone was present.

"Denya." June said loudly and hugged her but Denya couldn't bring herself to hug her back. She forced a smile and tried to distract herself.

Happy thoughts she told herself. Only happy thoughts but her mind drifted back to Ezra and she felt it again. The sadness trying to make an appearance. The way she felt ashamed and humiliated, the way he whispered I love you in her ear.

"How are you?" Klarisa asked her worried.

Her heart was broken.

"I'm fine." She told them with a smile on her face.

Who was she fooling? She didn't want them to worry about her. They were here to have a good time. Denya was not about to ruin there day. She wasn't about to cry again. She wasn't only trying to fool them, she also did it for herself.