13

"I shouldn't have even agreed to come with you today. Not after last night Harry." I shake my head as I stare out of the taxi window.

"I didn't do anything." He protests.

"You're going to have to stop acting like such an idiot when Charlie comes round." I sigh, smoothing down the front of my dress. "He's my friend and I'd like it if you'd stop acting like a massive jerk when he's there. He's starting to think that there is something wrong with you."

"He likes you." Harry mutters sulkily, glaring out of the window.

"As a friend-"

"More than that."

"No he doesn't!" I roll my eyes. "And even if he did, which he doesn't, I've got a big goofball called Harry-."

"But you kissed him." He interrupts,

"Whaa?" My mouth falls open. How could Harry possibly know about my one-of drunken kiss with Charlie? "How do you know that?"

"He told me." Harry rubs his fingers across his jaw as he pouts. I'm confused.
Why would Charlie tell Harry that?

"It was years ago! Me and Charlie are just friends."

There's a pause and when Harry seems absorbed in the countryside outside the window I lean back, glad the conversation is over. Several minutes pass before Harry speaks in a petty whisper, without even looking at me;

"Friends who kiss each other."

***

Since I found out that the BBQ was arranged by the Dream Factory for volunteers and their partners only, and Dr P won't be there, I've been much more relaxed about the whole thing. We'll be staying overnight and as we pull up to the huge country house I feel even more intrigued. In about 5 minutes me and Harry will be meeting more embryos and I'm so curious to see what they will be like.

I mean, Juan was a bit crazy, but surely other people won't have chosen such cheesy stereotypes?

Harry does his usual cute thing of rushing round to open the taxi door for me and hold out his hand to lead me out.

I'm so glad he made me wear a dress, something tells me that it's going to be more fancy than I first thought. After paying the driver we begin to walk up to the house only to be intercepted by a tall, handsome man in a uniform. He takes our bags and tells us to go round to the garden. Harry pulls my hand into his and leads the way.

We're about halfway round when we almost trip over two figures, laid across the pathway, kissing passionately.

"Ah. Juan. Nice to see you again." Harry says politely.

Juan doesn't seem to notice us as he lets out a frankly pornagraphic moan. I can just see Marcia's flushed face beneath his.

"We got caught in traffic on the way over. The roads were terrible... You know what it's like at rush hour." Harry goes on. "But we're here now-"

"Marcia, my heart, my soul.. Te amo my queen." Juan growls passionately before slamming his lips back down with such force against Marcia's I'm surprised he hasn't knocked her teeth out.

"Sooo. Lovely weather we're having-"

"Are you looking at my woman?" Juan growls suddenly, glaring up at Harry.

Oh ffs. Not this again.

Before Harry can reply I pull him round them and we jog towards the garden with Juans refrains of 'come back and fight me like a man' echoing behind us.