35

"So, I heard you like to get freaky with goody-two shoes and Farquaad..."

"Oh, piss off." I shoot Zayn a withering look, but he just smirks, seemingly delighted at the wealth of jokes now available to him.

"Hey, I'm not judging, baby girl. Soooo. How does it work? Two-shoes apologises for having a orgasm and Farquaad writes a poem about it?"

I roll my eyes and sip at my wine, ignoring Zayns amused face. Somehow the fact that I'm keeping Louis as a 'second boyfriend' has spread amongst the other Dream Factory couples. Obviously, I couldn't give a toss as I don't usually see them, but tonight is the Christmas party and Zayn is really getting some mileage out of the situation.

Harry has introduced Niall to his bunnyland game and, with Louis shouting extremely eager encouragement, Niall is now navigating his way around candy land.

Juan and Marcia are making out so loudly that I can hear the gross, moist, lip squelching from the other side of the room, along with Juan's booming groans.

Robert is staring out of the window mournfully at the snow as Susan sits next to him, looking resigned and stuffing sausage rolls in her mouth. Liam and Grace are whispering in another corner. I think Liam has been on the punch as he actually giggles when Grace places a paper hat on his head.

Everyone else is occupied. Except Zayn, who has decided to annoy me.

"So, what, does Farquaad offer to stick his sword in-"

"Shut up, Zayn.' I snap. "I had to do something to protect Louis. The year will be up soon for everyone."

An oddly fearful look passes over Zayns face before he forces a laugh.

"Did they tell you what would have happened to Louis if you hadn't of saved him?"

"No. But it was obvious. If Effie doesn't want him-"

"Yeah." Zayn nods and looks over at where Louis is practically screaming in delight of Niall catching the giant gummy lolly. "You'd think he would be more cut up..."

"He is. Or so Grace says... But he's ok. He's learning to accept Effie didn't want him and as much as it hurts... He's slowly coming to be ok with it."

"But the Dream Factory says we only exist for our partners." Zayn says quietly.

"Well this just proves how wrong it is. He's heartbroken... But he'll be ok."

"But if you hadn't offered to pay for him-"

"It's not worth thinking about." I sigh, not wanting to contemplate my now extremely damaged finances.

This has been playing on mind recently. The Dream Factory boys are so much more than just partners. They are people in their own right.

"It's alright for some." Zayn says moodily, glaring at Juan and Marcia who are now dry humping near the buffet table.

My diet starts now, apparently.

"How is it ok for them? They'll have to deal with whatever comes in the next three months, same as the rest of us-"

"No, they won't. Didn't you ever wonder why the Dream Factory was so happy for them to get wed? Marcia's Dad signed her up for it. She was the only one who didn't make the choice to sign up intially. Her dad was worried that she wouldn't ever get married and that had some crazy ideal of a guy that never existed.... What?"

Zayn frowns at the expression on my face. "Don't tell me you never sneaked a look at everyone else's files while you were in the Dream Factory, baby girl?"