Chapter 9~ Hidden Lies

EDITED

'' I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. "

* Douglas Adams *

' No, who is Farhan? '

I asked my question with pleading eyes upon which I earned a smack on my chest which was not expected at all.

' Oh Farhan? He is my fiancée and I got married to him just three years ago. And now you Mr, Don't get jealous pls, because this Cinderella is only of her Prince '

She giggled and taking off her arms from my neck made her way downstairs adjusting her hijaab properly.

What is happening here?

" Maa "

I came along with her following her to the kitchen where mom was busy in toasting the bread and making omelettes.

She smiled at me turning from the kitchen counter and then raised one of her eyebrow, asking about my query to which I called her upon.

" Maa.. "

I called her again, but words refused to come out of my tongue and she stared at me in disbelief that I was acting like a child calling her again & again but not actually mentioning what I wanted to.

' Are you going to annoy my sweet mom with your Maa Maa and nothing else? Do you want her to burn her hand or something you fool! Can't you see she raises her head up every time you call her and then you choose to stay silent '

Zahra rolls her eyes after her angry tone, making her look like a cute angry bird, and oh that beautiful eyes.

" Maa, I want to ask something. Can you pls come to my room for few minutes? "

I finally gather some courage to ask her this simple question, which I was planning to ask since ten minutes.

" Okay beta "

She smiles at Zahra, and she too nods her head courteously and insures mom that she will not add too much milk in her tea. She loved strong tea and so she instructed her before coming along with me.

Why is she not acting strange with Zahra? She is assuming her to be her daughter in law, too? I don't get it!