Chapter 14~ Names and Fun

EDITED

" No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness "

* Aristotle *

He was continuously after my soul, demanding to know about the picture he saw hung on my wall. How will I explain him? What if he doesn't believe in what I say? Or what if he stops loving me?

Taking a deep breath, I excused myself saying that I had an urge to puke as my stomach was feeling reflexed.

Though,he refused to cut the call and said he was waiting. Pls no, how will I?

With small steps, I walked myself into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. Seeing my face in the mirror, the reflection closely resembled a panda baby. Yes that was me. I was 5'2 and I had to take a small stool to stand up and look myself in the mirror. The roof was too tall for me.

I splashed water several times and then performing wadhu I prepared myself for Isha salah. I had delayed it too much and now it was 11:00 pm.

Without informing him, I cut the call though I knew he would be madly angry on me for doing so. But, I didn't bother much.

Spreading the prayer mat, and tying the veil around my head securely I recited the words of Quraan as I folded my hands at my chest. Reciting the opening chapter of the Quraan gave me those usual goosebumps, where a servant like me stands before His Rabb and is asking to show the path of righteousness and is aware of His wrath that took place upon those before us, and then mumbling an Aameen upon asking the path of those whom He blessed.It was all so peaceful. For the time being, it had the power to dissolve all the negativities around me into a greater and more calming aura.

When I finished with my prayers, I raised my hand towards the heavens and eyed Him with pure affection and the need of mercy. He understood me without even my words. He knew what I had in my heart, and what I was to ask Him.

My rhythmic connection with spirituality was broken, when he barged inside with daggers shooting out from his eyes. Is he planning to murder me with them?

" What the hell you thought while disconnecting the call? Do you even have a tinge of idea, how worried I was? I began to think of all the impossible happenings, and I found the lady constable sleeping quite well in the lounge and the room was the same messy I left back then.  Infact,it got messier. "

He was now standing in front of me, hands dug into one of his pockets and the other trying to calm his depressed nerve on forehead.

' Umm, yeah. Well. I just added a dose of sleeping pill in the juice I served her, so she went off maybe. And yeah the stuff spread across was because of my Prince-Charming '

I was looking at his facial expression, which was changing many colours, and it seemed like his eyes had turned the size of bugs.

' Whaat? Why are you staring at me like this? '

He now raised a quizzical brow at me and was tapping his feet demanding to know what I was hiding.

' Ahh. Okay. What do you want to know? '

I sighed in defeat, as there was no chance of ignoring him and this tell-me-now-or-I'll-do-something kinda attitude.

" Who is your Prince-Charming when you're supposed to be only mine, Cinderella. "