Chapter 11~ I can't lose her!

EDITED

" We accept the kind of love, we think we deserve. "

* Stephen Chbosky *

" How on earth is that possible Maa , are you hiding something from me? Pls tell me. I need to know. I can't begin my future with her , based on a fabricated life and her absurd assumptions. I'm not any Farhaan, I'm Azfar. She needs to love me Maa, how do I bear all this ... How ? "

I sneaked out of her house just before the dawn and managed to escape her mindful old dad, thankful much to his snores.

Maa was awake as usual, she was concerned about my being as I hadn't shown up since two days and now I was here bombarding her with strange questionnaire session.

' Calm down, Sit and recite Tauooz(a dua for asking refuge in Allah from shaytan) first. Tell me what happened, and what are you talking about her and farhan ? What's going on son? '

" Ahh... Maa, she has lost her memory and I pity on her condition it's all because of me... I don't know who did this to her but I think it's someone I know... Maa, since when she lost her consciousness she's calling me Farhaan, I guess it's short-term memory loss or worst I fear, Amnesia.Though she never reacted once even when she was in her senses. It's all so strange. And her mother she is so wicked, seems to be a stepmom. Well, I've to dig out many things about her before getting her to be mine. ''

I rubbed my temple with back of my hands and crossed the fingers across my head, I was hell tired and worried too.

' Let me serve you some parathas with hot doodhpati chai. With two spoonfuls of sugar. '

Maa winked at me and she knew very well how to set my nerves right. Listening about mom's doodhpati chai, my freckled vessels soon started to relax.

" Maa.. Can you pls do me a favour? Visit Zahra's house and ask for her hand officially. I want her to be married to me so that it doesn't get on the verge of committing zinah ( fornication ). I love her maa, I really love her. It's just that this is not the right time and situation to explain everything at once to her. I don't want to lose , that too, when I'm this close too her ... "

I was continuing to blabber when she came and sat beside me pulling out a chair, next to mine.

She relaxed me by feeding some of her cooked parathas with her own hand and then she ran her hand in between my hair and kissing my forehead she signalled me to eat on my own.

' Beta I know you very well, how can the one who gave birth stay unaware of what her son is going through right my child? In sha Allah, everything will be okay. Trust Allah. Didn't I tell you that if Allah wants her to come to you lawfully it will happen?? But for me asking her hand for your marriage, it's too early and it seems that won't land anywhere good. Have patience. Let things unfold on it's own. '

I smiled and nodded silently, devouring the taste of my mouth filled with delicious treat.

After finishing the breakfast, I went for a morning jog and played Surah Yaseen on my iPod. I loved listening to this beautiful Surah. It had an amazing effect to calm down the roughest storms. No one could ever figure out from my demeanor that I was a religious kind of person, and neither I showed much. But my beliefs were strong and pure, it held no façade. And it was all credited to my mom.

I dialled Zahra's number which I had retrieved through my sources somehow and began waiting impatiently for her to pick up.

After like hundredths of rings she picked up the call sounding dreadful.

' He...hello.. Azfar? P.. P.. Pls come home quickly, I want to tell you something. '

I was flabbergasted to hear her calling me by my real name.

" Salam, Wait. Did you just call me?... "

It was not making any clear sense to me, whatever was happening,it was out of the blue. Was she faking her memory loss? But why?

' W.salam. I can't explain here. Pls for God's sake come and take me from here. I'll explain everything to you. '

Her reply seemed distant, as if she is afraid of someone eavesdropping.

But who?

I sighed and cut off the line and soon speeded off to take her. My bellarina needed me. She knew me.

I wiped the perspiration trickling down my forehead despite of the ac being switched on to the fullest.

Pulling the hand brakes quicker than usual, I managed to take slow but steady steps to her front.

What ...

The sight in front of me was no less than a havoc. It was all messed up, covered in blood and...

Bellarina!

She lay lifeless on the ground, beside her was her father who had been shot in the head and her mother was no where to be seen. I knew, something was wrong with that woman!

But Bellarina?

She was not shot, but what had happened to her.

Oh-no! I can't think of loosing her, not now... Not ever... Instead, never!

 “ We have indeed created man in the best of moulds.”

[ AL-QURAN 95:4]