Chapter 10~ Lookalike

EDITED

" They confuse us all. They all look alike. "

* Ben Johnson *

Azfar:

Zahra was staring at her father as if trying to collect the shattered pieces of his soul, whom she didn't even identify. She was an innocent soul, who intrigued me just by her natural charms.

' Baba? '

She called softly to him, bending down on her knees and tried to calm him down by ruffling her hand through his hair. I wish she did this to me as well...

Hearing her sweet voice, her father raised his head up from his bowed position and looked straight in her eyes as if searching for something lost.

' You're my father? How come I don't know you? What happened with me Farhan? '

She then came towards me, sitting on the sofa beside which I was seated and asked me holding on to my hands firmly. Her gentle and caressing touch was enough to fuel and ignite my emotions but I had to control, atleast now until she accepts genuinely to be mine.

" Yes Zahra, he is your baba. And I can't tell anything more than this. You need rest dear. Come, let's go back home. "

When I got up to leave from her home Uncle stopped me from doing so.

" Wait. Who did she just mention you to be? Farhaan? "

I arched my eyebrows in confusion, but I myself wanted to clear all this, at this instant only. I couldn't survive bearing the fact that my loved one was in love with someone else, was married to someone else.

" Aah... You need to stay here to get to know the truth beta. Will you stay here until she gets fine? Pls? It's like a request to you I'm begging for, pls? "

Listening to his thoughts, I couldn't control this emotional drama and I soon agreed upon whatever he said. I just couldn't stay at the sight of her being hurt. And for this I myself needed to know the reasons.

" Yes uncle but we'd stay here for two days only, then I've to go back to attend some conferences "

He gave me a slight nod and then after few minutes the dinner was served. Everyone ate in silence, except Zahra. She was continuously looking here & there, trying to decipher the encoded aura around her which was so unfamiliar .

" You are just playing with your food, Bellarina. Pls eat, or allow me to feed you. May I ? "

I took a spoon of rice adding some gravy to it and asked her to open her mouth, at which she responded obediently.