EPILOGUE

[...]

Useless and unshed tears began dripping from my lacrimal, the paper was now almost crumpled in my hand due to the force with which I clenched it between my fist.

Zidan came to me with a toy in his hand , asking to insert the batteries in it as it was not functioning. It was when he saw my stray tears, and soon engulfed me in a bone crushing hug.

" Kya hua mamma? Ap chyun lo lhi hain? "

( What happened mum, why are you crying?? )

I wasn't able to respond so he himself took notice of my situation, and silently wiped my tears.Sitting on my lap, his face towards me he kissed my cheeks and then my eyes.

" Aap rote huay achi ni lgtin. "

( You don't look good when you cry. )

' Ye apke papa ka letter hay. '

I hadn't thought of introducing him to his biological father, but now was the time to let him know.He should know the truth and accept and try to look forward moving on from now only.

" Papa tw skype pe baat krte hain na, phil ye letter? "

( Father talks on skype, then why this letter? )

I was searching for answer to reply when Azfar appeared as usual out of the blue and answered it in my behalf. He was the exact term for my other half.

' Hmm beta, wo apke papa hain lekin apke papa nahi hain. Mtlb wo ap se bohat pyar krte hain islye wo ap se door rehte hain. '

( Son, he is your father but he isn't your father. Because he stays away from you, as he loves you. )

" Kya matlab papa? Ap mere papa nahi hain? "

( Aren't you my father? )

I saw a flash of disappointment and grief pass through his eyes, taming his skin a shade pale than his fair toned skin.It was difficult, but he handled somehow with his wittiness.

He picked up Zidan in his arms, and then swirled him around, fixed the battery issue which he had placed the other way in the toy and so it wasn't working by putting it right.

" Your father, Farhaan Siddique is my brother. So basically you have two fathers. He sents these toys for you and all the Superheroes costumes every time and so that's why he lives far away. He asked me to take care of you, so I'm here. Okay my child? "

He kissed his forehead, and then put him down. He began pacing forward and backward in the room, pretending to think something serious.

' Hmm, I wonder why don't I have two moms when I have two dads? Do I have another mom as well? '

Azfar looks at me trying hard not to laugh and then again scoops him up in his arms.

" No actually, we both fell in love with your mom only. So you only have one mother. "

Azfar pressed his lips into a thin one, trying to smile but I knew he felt pain.He was so selfless, I was still astounded to have his new sides unleashed everytime I think I just know him well .

' Wow! I want to meet my second papa. Where is he? Can we see him, first papa? '

" Okay beta stop this nonsense now. See your papa is so tired? He just arrived naa? Don't you think you should allow him to rest for a while? "

I took Zidan from his arms and then carried him upstairs to allow him to play, and divert his mind from this truth. He has known what he should have known, and we should not further indulge him for finding the minors of the details or digging out to find about his real father.