New Members

Hayden stood at the train station with his arms crossed. "He's late." He muttered with a frown. "Calm down Hayden. He's only doing an airial view of Magnolia. Have patience." Esme remarked as she searched the sky for their partner. Hayden huffed.
The sound of a crow was heard as a familiar black bird flew towards them. "Kage! There you are! Did you find the guild?" Hayden asked as Kage landed on his shoulder. "I did. Its near the beach."

"The beach?!" Esme exclaimed excitedly with a sparkle in her eyes. "Then what are we waiting for?! Lets go!" She then suddenly took off and Hayden rolled his eyes. "What happened to that patience you talked about a couple minutes ago." He muttered.

They walked down a stone path until they reached the guild. "Is this it?" Esme asked. Kage nodded. They walked up to the guild and opened the doors. The entire guild hall was dead quiet as they walked in. No one said anything and Kage grew impatient. "Is your master here?" He asked. Everyone jumped in shock as the crow spoke. "Thats cool!" A boy suddenly yelled. He had pink spikey hair. "Your bird can talk!"

"Oh, you mean Kage? Well he's not really a bird. He's a wizard. He uses Animal Soul Take Over magic. But he can only turn into animals that eat meat." Hayden explained as Kage flew onto a table and turned back to normal, now sitting on the table. "He prefers to be in animal form though."

"But doesn't that take up his magic energy?" An girl with white hair asked from behind the bar. "It depends on which form I'm in." Kage muttered. "Smaller forms, like that crow, I can hold for long periods of time. But larger forms take more energy to hold."

"So what brings you to my guild?" Asked a small old man as we walked up to them. "Are you the master?" Esme asked. The man nodded. "That I am. My name is Master Makarov, and you are..?" Esme smiled and bowed slightly. "My name is Esme. I use Lightning Magic. Him on the table is Kage and the one next to me is Hayden. He uses Dragon Slayer magic." everyone jumped at that. "You're a Dragon Slayer?!" Shouted the pink haired boy. "Y-yah." Hayden said.

"We want to join." Kage said. Makarov turned to him. "Your guild. We want to join your guild." He said, more to the point. Makarov nodded with a smile. "Of course! Just head over to Mira to get your guild mark." Esme got her guild mark put on her hip and Hayden got his put on his collarbone. While Kage got his on his left shoulder blade. "FIGHT MEEE!" Natsu had screamed at Hayden. "You want a battle? Why? Is this like a right of passage?" Hayden questioned. "No. Natsu just wants to see who's stronger." Lucy muttered. "You see, Natsu is a Dragon Slayer too!" Happy told them. Hayden stood in thought for a bit before smirking. "Alright! Lets see what you got Hothead!"

They all went outside to start the battle. It was an open area, but there was enough shade around them for Hayden to giggle manically. He was gonna have a lot of fun. Natsu threw the first punch, fist engulfed in flames. But before he could make contact, Hayden had disappearded. "What the..?" Natsu stuttered out. Esme let out a giggle. Suddenly, a black shadow moved quickly behind Natsu and smacked him upside the head before disappearing. "Hey!" He yelled! "Whats the matter Hothead? Can't fight what you can't see?" A voice laughed all around him.

"Whats going on?" Lucy asked. "Hayden is a Shadow Dragon Slayer." Esme stated. "He's able to blend into the shadows and manipulate them to his will."

"Cut that out and fight me!" Natsu yelled, stomping his foot and throwing his arms around. Esme laughed and Kage rolled his eyes. "He looks like a child throwing a tantrum." Kage muttered.

It wasnt long before Natsu started to get pissed and totally engulfed himself in flames. "I guess its time to take this more seriously." Hayden muttered as he appeared on the roof of a nearby building.

"Shadow Dragon-"

Everyones heads shot up at him. But by the time Natsu spotted him, it was to late to dodge.

"ROAR!"

An explosion of what looked like black flames quickly struck the unprepared Salamander.