Shipping Wars

Kage sat at the bar in between Lucy and Esme. Mirajane was stood behind the bar in front of them, cleaning a glass. Kage paused from eating the food he ordered and turned to see Esme staring at him. "What?" He asked.

"I'm trying to figure out who you would look cute with." She said seriously as Kage took a bite...then suddenly choked. "What the hell are you talking about?!" He sputtered out. Lucy smiled and clapped her hands together. "Yah! That's a good question! Laxus is obviously off the table since he looks better with Esme." She added. Esme cupped her blushing cheeks with her hands as she looked away embarrassed. "Y-you think we look good together?" She asked. Mira nodded with a smile. "Yah! You two would be so adorable!"

"But Kage is a hard one to think about." Lucy said as she looked around the guild. "What about Levy?"

"No! I've already put her with Gajeel!" Mira argued.

"Erza? Gray?" Lucy asked.

Esme shook her head. "Erza's with Jellal and Gray is TOTALLY ment for Juvia!"

Kage had gone pale.

"Then what about Natsu?"

Mira and Esme looked at eachother and shook their heads. "We've shipped him with someone else." They both said, glancing at Lucy. "Really who?" Said blonde asked. But the other girls just sighed and waved her off. "Oh! What about Elfman? Or Lisanna?" Esme asked looking back at Mira. Mira thought about, than shook her head. "I kinda see my brother with Evergreen and even though they have similar magic, I can't picture Lisanna with him." She said. Esme crossed her arms and nodded. "Yah, you're right."

"What about Freed? Or Bickslow?" Erza said, walking up to them. "YOU TOO?!" Kage practically yelled.

"No. Freed is to calm and a gentleman. Plus he's obsessed with Laxus. And I can't picture Kage and Bickslow getting along." Lucy said. Erza then thought some more and Kage groaned.

Hayden walked up to the group and quickly noticed Kage's distress. "What are girls talking about?" He asked. "We're trying to figure out who Kage would look cute with!" Esme said excitedly. "Oh? I always thought he'd be great with Mira." He said all calm.

Kage groaned loader.

Mira smiled. "I appreciate the thought but I'm afraid I don't like him in that way."

"Then how about Cana?" Gray said, walking up to them.

"Or Laki?" Juvia popped in.

"Or Max!" Happy yelled out, hovering above them.

"Loke?"  Master Makarov offered from his seat down the bar.

Kage groaned even louder and banged his head against the bar table. "Kage." A deep voice called. The group parted and Kage looked down to see Pantherlily with a job flyer. "I was wondering if you'd like to help with this..."

"YES!" Kage yelled out, cutting him off. He then grabbed the black and white exceed and ran out of the guild. The group stared at the doors for a bit before Mira and Esme quickly turned to each other. "What about-!"

"You are NOT shipping him with Lily!" Hayden yelled at them.