6.

I sat at my desk trying to prepare for court tomorrow

I sat at my desk trying to prepare for court tomorrow. I refuse to let my home life interfere with work.

"Girl, we are definitely getting a not guilty verdict tomorrow," Janelle said after barging into my office.

I don't want to say anything and jinx the entire case.

She sat down across from me and gave me a weird look.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

I let out a sigh and told her everything that happened last night.

She walked around my desk and have me hug.

"You're so strong. I would've been at home, in the bed, crying my heart out."

"I don't have time to be sad. I have to keep it moving."

"That's not healthy. You have to take some time to yourself."

"I'll do that after the trial." I told her but I'm lying.

I need to keep moving, not sit around and be sad.

"Ms. Reed there's someone here to see you, they said it's important." the receptionist called.

What now? Can a girl get a break and be left alone?

"Send them up." I said.

A few seconds later there was a knock on the door and Janelle let the person in.

"Hey Zoey."

I looked up and couldn't hold in my laugh. Cayman stood there with a baby strapped to his chest.

"What are you doing here?" I asked while walking over to him.

The baby reached out to me and I couldn't help but take him from Cayman.

"I had a meeting in the area and I wanted to invite you and your friend to an exhibit I'm doing on Saturday."

I walked over to my chair while holding on to the baby. He's so adorable.

"We'll be there." Janelle said and I nodded.

I do need to get out and have some fun.

"What's his name?"

"Cameron."

Cameron smiled and showed his two little teeth while tightly holding my finger.

Cayman stayed a little longer while me and Janelle played with Cameron.

"Okay give me my baby back weirdos," he said and took Cameron from Janelle, "I'll see y'all on Saturday."

He left and Janelle started to fan herself.

"I think I have baby fever." she said dramatically.

"You need to get a man first."

"I'm about to get with Cayman."

I rolled my eyes.

•••