Epilogue

5 years later

5 years later

"Zoey, You have to push!" Cayman yelled.

"I am!" I yelled back.

"Well push harder."

"How about you come do it. You're the one that wanted this," I stopped pushing and walked around the huge cardboard box to meet Cayman on the other side.

He was remodeling his studio in the basement and decided to buy a new desk. The only problem was that he decided to buy it already put together and the thing won't fit through the door.

"What if I unscrew the door?" Cayman questioned.

"I don't care what you do. Just get that ugly box out my living room," I said then walked away.

I went into the kitchen and screamed when I felt the turtle nibbling at my toes.

"Mommy, you found Roar," Cameron came racing down the steps then bent down to pick up his huge turtle.

"I told you if he's going to be out the tank then he has to stay in your room."

"Sorry mommy," he frowned, "but Roar is adventurous and he likes walking around the house."

"If I see him down here again I'll make turtle soup," Cameron screamed then ran up the steps to protect Roar which made me laugh. That turtle is his best friend.

Cameron is so smart and he's only six. He loves reptiles and he wants to be a veterinarian. He's been trying to convince me and Cayman to get a snake. I'm all for it but Cayman is too scared.

After fixing something to eat, I went into my office to finish the last bit of paperwork so I can finally open my own law firm. I'm beyond excited. I've even hired a few people and can't wait to get to work.

"Dad you look stupid," I heard Cameron say which made me laugh.

I guess taking the door off didn't work.

A few hours later I heard cheers and went downstairs to see that the desk actually made it into the basement.

"Not bad Mr. Taylor," I complemented him.

"Thanks Ms. Reed," he gave me a kiss and Cameron groaned. He still hates it when anyone touches me.

"Mommy, why don't you have the same last name as me and daddy?" Cameron asked.

"Because I like my last name better."

"Well, why don't I have two last names? One from you and one from daddy."

Cameron knows that I'm not his birth mom and he had a relationship with Michelle but doesn't call her mom.

"I'll sell my last name to you for five dollars," I said and he laughed.

"I don't think you can do that."

"The I guess we'll just have different last names," I shrugged then began to walk away.

"Wait," Cameron ran upstairs then me and Cayman bursted into laughter.

"Did you really just trick your son into giving you five dollars," Cayman came closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist and placed light kisses around my face.

"I guess I did."

••••

thanks for reading

i'm writing a short story about Cayman's college years because i love him so much

if you'd read it make sure you follow me for updates and check out my other books

don't forget to comment and vote✨