17.

When we got back from California, Cayman kept his promise and took me on a date and I kept my promise to not sleep with him

When we got back from California, Cayman kept his promise and took me on a date and I kept my promise to not sleep with him. We went roller skating and I had so much fun. I couldn't believe he remembered that the first time we ever hung out, we went skating. Except I wasn't feeling him back then. 

Tonight is the art showcase at his school and he can't wait. This is the first time the school has ever had a showcase so there's a lot of pressure on Cayman. 

I walked through the doors and immediately spotted Cayman talking to some woman. She was being a little too friendly. They shared a laugh and she reached out and rubbed his arm. That's my cue to make my presence known. I marched over and wrapped my arm around Cayman's waist.

"Hey," I interrupted their conversation.

"Hey Zoey," he bent down and kissed my cheek, "This is Ms. Greene, the other art teacher."

"Nice to finally meet you," she held her hand out.

I debated on whether to shake it and eventually gave in. I don't want Cayman to be mad. He grabbed my hand and we walked around, admiring all the students' work. 

"I'm so glad you came. I can't stand her," Cayman said.

"She was being too friendly."

"Are you jealous?" he asked as I rolled my eyes.

We walked over to Lucas where he had five pieces hanging up. I was impressed. 

"Hey Mr. Taylor, " he smiled "Hi Miss. Zoey," he gave me a hug. 

I met Lucas a couple of times and I always pack Cayman an extra snack to give him since he never eats lunch. 

"How much for that?" I asked pointing at his painting of a daisy field. His eyes bulged out his head. Lucas was clearly the most talented kid here.

"Nothing is for sale," Cayman looked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"We'll talk," I smiled at Lucas.

•••• 

I sat in the car waiting for Cayman to finish inside. There was a tap on the window which made me jump. I looked out and saw Lucas standing outside. I opened the door. 

"Here's your picture Miss. Zoey," he gave me the painting. 

"Thank you. How much is it?"

"It's free just for you."

"Here," I placed $100 in his hand and he smiled.

"Thanks but I cant accept this."

"Lucas, I'm investing in your art career. When you become a famous artist I want my money back," I said and he giggled. 

"Okay Miss. Zoey."

Cayman walked up to the car and looked at me and Lucas. 

"Are you trying to steal my woman?" he asked Lucas.

"No Mr. Taylor," he shook his head while laughing, "I'll see you on Monday. Bye Miss. Zoey," he waved.

"You bought the painting didn't you?" he asked.

"No, he gave it to me," I told half of the truth.

We got into the car and he drove to my apartment. 

"Goodnight," I leaned over and kissed his lips.

"I'm coming up."

"No you aren't. Don't you need to pick up Cameron?"

"My mom is keeping him for the weekend,"

I got out of the car and he followed. Once I unlocked the door, I kicked off my shoes and went into my room to change. When I came out, Cayman was laying on the couch and flipping through channels. 

"Move over," I said. 

He sat up and I took a seat on the couch. Then he lay back down and placed his head in my lap. 

"I love you," he said and I began to blush.

"Why do you always say that at random times."

"Because I don't want you to forget," he sat up and gave me a kiss, "Now say it back."

"I love you Cayman."

"Then kiss me."

I leaned forward and gently placed my lips on his. We began to kiss and I felt my heart rate speed up as the kiss deepen. He lightly grabbed my chin and tilted my head up. I felt his tongue enter my mouth and froze, unsure about what to do. I pulled away and Cayman frowned.

"Are you alright? Did I do something wrong?"

"I don't want this to escalate," I said shyly while staring at my hands.

"I understand. Want to do something else?"

I continued playing with my fingers while trying to figure out what I was feeling. I enjoyed the kiss but I was caught off guard. I've never been kissed so passionately before and I definitely had butterflies. But it felt so good

"I want to try again."

••••

I have a very important question to ask.

Pancakes or waffles?

Don't forget to comment and vote ✨