14.

Today I'm meeting with Janelle

Today I'm meeting with Janelle. I haven't seen her in a long time because I've been so busy with work and Cameron. I know he's not my son but I love him so much. He turns one tomorrow and I can't wait for the party.

When I got to the restaurant Janelle was sitting at a table typing away on her phone.

"Hey," I said which caused her to look up.

I took a seat and she gave me a small smile.

"I have something I need to tell you but I don't know how to say it." She said while looking down and playing with her fingers.

"Janelle, I'm your best friend. You can tell me anything," I encouraged.

It's not like her to be so worried or keep things from me. She literally tells me everything. Even the things I don't need to know.

She let out a sigh "I haven't been completely honest with you."

"Just say what you need to say," I began growing impatient and slightly annoyed.

"I've been seeing Rashad," she said while avoiding eye contact with me.

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Explain," I began to feel my entire body heat up as my left foot tapped furiously on the tiled floor.

••••

I rushed over to Zoey's house after she called and said it was an emergency

I rushed over to Zoey's house after she called and said it was an emergency. She said it was a matter of life or death which made me extremely worried. 

Once I arrived, I quickly grabbed Cameron from his car seat and ran up the stairs. I made it to her floor and unlocked the door. She was sitting at the island in her kitchen with an unlit cigarette in one hand and a wine glass in the other. Her legs were crossed and she lightly tapped her foot.  Her curly hair, that was usually slicked back, was all over the place. 

After placing Cameron in his play pin, I walked over and sat beside her. 

"What's with the wine and cigarette?" I asked, "You don't even smoke."

"I'm holding them for the dramatic effect," she said after taking a sip.

"So is this really a life or death situation or were you being dramatic about that too?" I laughed.

"I went to have lunch with Janelle," she sighed "and she told me that her and Rashad have been seeing each other."

"Girl, you lying," I said in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"I'm being serious Cayman," she tried to hold in her smile, "Then she said they got together during the last month of our engagement."

My jaw instantly dropped. That's terrible.

"What did you say?"

"I left then called you."

"You didn't curse her out?" I asked in disbelief. 

"I've already wasted so much of my time on those two that I don't have any more energy."

"Well I do," I grabbed her hand, "I'll fight your ex and curse Janelle out." 

I could feel my heart rate speed up. It felt like my veins were going to explode. I'm sick of watching people hurt Zoey. She's the sweetest person on the planet and deserves so much better. 

"Calm down Muhammad Ali," she laughed, "I'm okay. I'm glad Janelle revealed her true colors."

"I'm still upset. How could she sit there and console you after your heart was broken then turn around and be with the guy."

"Cayman everything is alright. I think you're more upset than me," she giggled then came closer to me. She wrapped her arms around my body and I inhaled her sweet cocoa butter scent.

  "So did you really go out and buy a pack of cigarettes just to be dramatic?"

She burst into laughter which eventually led to tears running down her face.

I cannot get enough of this girl.

••••