26.

I sat on my bed doing important research on my laptop

I sat on my bed doing important research on my laptop. It has been about a month since Lucas was sent to foster care and he said he's doing fine. He was just placed with a foster family in his neighborhood so at least he still attends the same school. Lately, I have been seriously considering the possibility of becoming a foster parent.

According to the website I was looking at, I meet all the requirements. I think it would be awesome to help kids while their families work out their issues. Cayman, on the other hand, does not support this at all. It probably has to do with the fact that I am in no rush to have children. He always says he fine with not having kids but I know he's lying. I'm pretty sure he doesn't like the idea of taking care of someone else's kid when he can just have another one of his own.

My research was interrupted by my ringing phone. Speaking of the devil.

"Hello," I said.

"Don't you want to pick up Cameron from daycare then help me pack my classroom?" 

I swear this half negro always wants something.

"And what do I get out of this?" I asked.

"My undying love and immense gratitude."

"No thanks."

"What about pizza?"

"I guess that will do."

••••

Cameron waddled around Cayman's classroom while I stood on a chair and pulled posters off the walls.

"I have pizza" Cayman cheered while entering the room.

I jumped off the chair and laughed at Cameron as he struggled to walk towards Cayman. He has been all over the place since he figured out since he figured out how to walk a few weeks ago. I can't wait for him to start talking.

Cayman scooped Cameron into his arms then gave him a slice of pizza.

"So how does it feel to complete your first school year as a teacher?" I asked then bit into my slice.

"I can't wait until next year because I'll have my first full year and I'll know what to expect."

After finishing the pizza, we went back to cleaning and then there was a light knock on the door. I rolled my eyes when Ms. Greene entered.

"I just finished my classroom and wanted to see if you need any help." she smiled.

"We're good," I spoke before Cayman could say anything.

Cayman told me about her always trying to make a move on him.

"Are you sure?" she turned to Cayman and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"We're almost done," he swiped her hand away.

"Well call me if you ever need anything," she said seductively then bent down to Cameron who stood next to Cayman with his small hand holding his dad's pants, "Your son is so adorable. He looks just like you."

She held her hand up and Cameron gave her a high five.

"Thanks," Cayman said dryly then opened the classroom door.

As soon as Ms. Greene left I began laughing, "That was so awkward."

"It's like that every time she comes around."

••••

something short

don't forget to comment and vote

thanks for reading ✨