16.

Two weeks later

Two weeks later

Last night Keith called saying Daniela has gone into labor. After dropping Cameron off with my mom, me and Zoey hoped on a plane. She was super excited but then got sad because she didn't want to leave Cameron. He really is her son. Of course Cameron calls her mama and he cries for her whenever she leaves. We landed in California a few hours ago and went straight to the hospital. 

"I can't wait to see the baby," Zoey squealed and held my hand as we walked into Daniela's room.

When we entered, Daniel was asleep and Keith sat next to her while holding the baby.

"Her name is Kali," Keith said.

"Give me my niece," Zoey went over to hold Kali. 

She sat down and began to rock the baby. She had a huge smile on her face.

Soon after, Daniela woke up and they started having girl talk which was our cue to leave the room. 

"I can't believe you're a dad," I said after we took a seat on a bench that was in front of the hospital. 

"I know man," he grinned, "You and Zoey need to have a baby next,"

"That's not happening for a while."

"Whats up with yall anyway?"

"We're in a relationship."

"It's about time. You've had a crush on her since we were seventeen," he laughed which caused me to think back to high school when I would always stare at her from across the room and draw pictures of her beautiful smile.

"Do you want to marry her?" Keith asked.

"Of course but she said she never wants to get married," I sighed, "Her ex really scarred her. He was sleeping with her friend while they were engaged because she wanted to wait until they got married."

"That's crazy. I guess that means you two won't be having any kids."

"I think I'm okay with that. As long as I get to be with her. And she loves Cameron like he's her own child."

"Wow, you really love her."

"I do."

••••

We spent a few more hours gawking at the baby then me and Zoey went to our hotel. I was laying across the bed waiting for Zoey to come out of the bathroom. When she finally came out, she walked over to the bed and sat next to me. I sat up and turned to look at her. 

"Kali is so adorable. Look" she pulled out her phone and showed me all the pictures she took.

"Do you want to have kids someday?" I asked. 

"Well I always wanted a son but now I have Cameron," she smiled.

"So you don't want to push out a kid?"

"Push out?" she laughed, "I don't think so."

I groaned and rolled my eyes. That was not the answer I wanted to hear. 

"Whats your problem?" she raised an eyebrow and moved closer to me. 

"I wanted you to say that you want a kid someday so that we can have one together."

"You need to slow down. Just because I don't want a baby right now, doesn't mean I won't change my mind."

She pulled me into a hug and I couldn't hold in my smile.

"Sorry for moving so fast. I just love you so much and caught baby fever."

"I love you too," she raised her head and gave me a quick kiss, "We haven't even had sex yet and you're already begging for a kid," she laughed.

"Then let's do it now," I cheered then gently pushed her down on the bed and hovered over her body. She rolled her eyes. 

"You haven't even taken me out on a real date," she sat up and laughed, "I'm not a hoe," she said which made me laugh too. 

"I know Zoey. You're a virgin."

"First of all, virginity is a social construct," she pointed in my face, "and secondly, I'm not a virgin."

I looked at her in disbelief. "Zoey please don't tell me you slept with that guy."

Her face turned red and she bit her lip.

"Once or twice and it was like five years ago."

That made me smile. 

"Let's change the topic since you clearly aren't  a virgin."

"Fine but you have to kiss me first."

"You're so lame," she said then pulled my face to hers and kissed my lips multiple times. 

"When we get back home I'm taking you on the best date ever."

"I'm not sleeping with you afterward."

••••