Chapter 13

*A week before FF's Murder*

Anonymous POV

*Ping*

An email pops up on my screen. I pause from my studying (Which I had already memorised) to check who would email me during ICT class.

Anxiously, I look around to see if my teacher, Miss Yenwod is nearby: I can't be seen doing anything that would destroy my perfect reputation.

Fortunately, as usual Miss Yenwod has left the classroom without any regard for her students.

I frown and move my computer mouse over to the corner of my screen and hesitantly click on the email icon.

A message pops up and I scowl as I read the senders name. PigeonLover72@gmail. Pigeon lover? Who else could that be apart from her? Alice and her gang.

It's been a more than a year since I talked to them - well most of them.

Sadly, the silent treatment doesn't work over email.

So, with no other option left, I turn around to face the sound of childish giggling and mindless gossip. I could instantly imagine the look that would appear on their faces as they see me looking in their direction.

God, I hate them.

There they are, in the back of the classroom, whispering maniacally, scheming their plans whilst the teacher was out on her hourly trip to the toilet.

One of them noticed me glaring at them and so she turned at the worst possible moment.

As I scanned the corner of the classroom, I made direct eye contact with the worst one of the four -Mahnoor.

Our eyes locked and...

As I stared into her dark brown eyes, she stared back and it somehow turned into a silent clash of wits. It had been more than a year since I last talked to her but the amount of staring contests we had was way too many. I was prepared. Or so I thought.

Why isn't she looking away? I am not going to look back! I am not going to lose!

Right at that moment Mahnoor looks away as her annoying friend- Oliwia- tugs on her shoulder with a pen.

I had won this battle, but the war was yet to come.

Bracing for the worst I clicked on the email. But then I froze as I heard the giggling once again.

Could they have sent me a dodgy site? A virus? Were they going to hack me ? Would I get in trouble for this? Would I get expelled? Would my dream of going to Oxford be destroyed because of this one simple click?

But it was too late! The email had loaded, showing flashing letters of a song I knew. The tune of the song began playing in the back of my mind as I began to read the dreaded words.

"F*ck Fake friends
We don't need them
Only thing they are good for
Is leaving"

"F*cl fake friends? Indeed! Isn't that what you are?!" I said under my breath as I looked at Mahnoor flicking her wavy hair- A habit of hers that I had always hated.

"Did you say something?" Maddie asked suddenly as she leans over to face me.

I glanced up and hurriedly shook my head, averting my gaze from Mahnoor and her friend's direction. "No, not at all. You should really get your hearing checked one day, Maddie." I say with an overly-dramatic sigh as I grin at my friend.

I say 'friend', but what I really mean is second in command, acquaintance, anything other than friend. I like to think of it as if we are work partners, and our job is being popular.

The only true friend I've ever had was probably... her.

Back then, we were inseparable. We could share anything with each other without fear of her revealing my secrets to anyone else.

Back then I never thought I'd think of her in the way that I do now.

I never thought that I'd be wishing she were dead.

But... it doesn't matter now. It's over. We went out separate ways and now we have our own friends.

Except, our separation didn't really work out like I had planned. She was meant to be helpless, abandoned and easily discarded. I was meant to rise up and secure my place as Queen bee.

Instead, she found true friends. Friends I never thought she would gain.
Alice- the weirdo I always disliked.

Oliwia- the girl who used to stalk me constantly.

Abir- The most surprising of all; I could hardly believe it when I first saw them stood together.

Abir could have joined me. She was smart, she could have easily made her way to the top. It could have been her sitting next to me instead of Maddie.

Maddie. A poor excuse for a companion. I thought that she would be loyal to me but even a blind man could see the venom beneath her smile, the poison in her touch.

She hates me, it's easy to see. She never wanted me to join her gang- The gang that she used to rule. And now she wants me out; she wants to rise to the top and overthrow me.

But she's the best I could find... And anyway, Abir could still be turned. She's the only one of the group that I still talk to. We're friends and I can see no sign of betrayal in her eyes.

Not like Mahnoor, Maddie and... me. I'm a traitor. So I suppose it's fitting that the only friends I'll ever have are also traitors.

How am I a traitor, you may ask? Well, I betrayed the person who I thought of as my closest and only friend, the day before her birthday. I betrayed Mahnoor Mahmood!

It's... a long story. But I don't regret anything I did. She may have been my friend, but she deserved everything that happened to her.

No one knows her like I do. No one can tell me that she didn't deserve that, because she did! I know, with every fiber of my being that I have no regrets.

My only regret would be that, in my panic to find a new group (For a Queen is no longer a queen without her loyal subjects) I settled on less than acceptable. I could have chosen any group, but I found myself stuck with Maddie, Sharon and Rebecca.

But, karma is a b*tch and I guess that some may say that this is what I deserve.

God... I sound like such a villain with this... this monologue of people I hate.

But I guess that's why they call me FF.

I am a Fake Friend and I have no shame in it.

-----------------------------
After reading this what do you think of FF?

Ha you thought this would be a continuation of the previous chapter! Instead this was the infamous FF's POV in a flashback.

For once we posted a chapter early. Are you proud of us?

Song of the chapter is "Fuck Fake Friends" 😆Doesn't this bring back memories 😭 After all this was the song of the first chapter. The good old times...

You know you love us
Xoxo
~Glitter, Pigeon and Potato