Chapter 18

(Pictures of dresses are in the A/N)

The four girls barely had time to think about what had just happened before the ringing of bells could suddenly be heard, signalling the turn of the hour.

"It's 8pm already?! We need to get back home!" Abir exclaimed hurriedly, putting away her phone and looking around the empty street.

Alice sighed anxiously, "Our parents are going to be so worried... do you think the police told them about...?"

"The blood? Probably." Oliwia muttered in annoyance.

"Okay, let's just get home and forget about all of this. It will just feel like a bad dream by tomorrow!" Mahnoor smiled, trying to cheer her friends up as she led them down the street and towards their houses.

It didn't take long for them to reach their houses and they were soon safe and sound within their bedrooms, hoping that tomorrow might be a calmer day.

However hard they hoped, it didn't work. How could they expect it to? Nothing had been the same since that day. That one Wednesday night that had changed everything. That one girl that had changed everything.

And now she was coming back to haunt them.

The news was sudden, not one of them had expected it. So they did what most teenagers would do in that situation, they rushed to their phones and began texting each other in an anxious flurry.

AliceBirdy 🐦: Did you guys hear the news?

Mahnoorch✨: Yep! Are you going to go?

Abir🦄: We have to! It's her funeral after all- The most important day of her life, well death 💀

Liv🥔: Ugh... But I want to sleep!

Mahnoorch✨: Same! But it's gonna look suspicious if we don't go

AliceBirdy🐦: Alright, I think my family's about to leave, I'll see you there okay?

Abir🦄: Bye!

Liv🥔: Have fun!

Abir🦄: Hey! You're coming too!

Liv🥔: Aww...

Mahnoorch✨: This is going to be so awkward and, more importantly, what am I going to wear?!

Liv🥔: Nothing!

Mahnoorch✨: Umm... no. See you later, It's time to go be fashionably late!

Liv🥔: Take some pictures and show me in school.. enjoy!

Abir🦄: You.are.coming!

Mahnoorch✨: She is? If she is I'm not!

Liv🥔: Ugh I'm coming only for food!

Mahnoorch✨: WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?!

Abir🦄: Black obviously 🙄

Liv🥔: SPARKLY BLACK ✨

Mahnoorch✨: See you there children!

Abir🦄: Be safe and COME!!!!!!!!

They were soon at the church all dressed in black.

Alice wearing a black feathery dress that almost made her seem like a bird.
"I wore this to Mr Birdys funeral" She explained solemnly.

Oliwia wearing a simple plain hoodie dress and blood red trainers underneath.

Mahnoor looking the prettiest of them all (Or at least she believed she looked the prettiest) wearing her sparkly black dress, just like she'd promised.