Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Oiii get of me you fat potato!"

Oliwia snapped her eyes open. Thank God it had just been a bad dream. A dream that was awfully realistic.

"Great! You are awake" Abir said smiling as she looks up from her phone.

Confused, Oliwia looks at her wondering what is Abir doing in her basement. What is she doing in the basement. What are they all doing in the basement.

"Wha ... Why are we h...? What ar... you doing?" Oliwia yawned still tired from the uncomfortable position she was sleeping in and she kept feeling someone's elbow poking her.

"Oh I am just playing colour switch! Do you want to have a go? I've nearly completed all the levels. I guess I just couldn't sleep so I was playing on my phone. None of you guys snore. Surprising? Also did you know Mahnoor sleep talks?" Abir said all in one beat.

"Really she talks in her sleep?! Did she reveal any secret?!" Oliwia realised she was going off topic so she said "I mean why are we here?"

"Weren't we having a sleepover?"

"In my basement? On the cold floor? With Alice and Mahnoor completely passed out" Oliwia asked rhetorically as she tried to move the two girls away from her.

"Ehm yes? Alice and Mahnoor are both deep sleepers."

"No Abir, this isn't how sleepovers work.There is no potatoes here." Oliwia explained "Wait is that mud on your shoes? Idiot. Why is there mud on your shoes ?"

"Ehm cuz this is England where it rains a lot so it's muddy. Don't you watch Peppa Pig?! "

"What were you doing out this late at night?" Oliwia asked suspiciously.

"Jumping up and down in muddy puddles!" Abir stated "Ouch don't punch me! You'll wake the kids up" Abir whispered softly as she gestured over to the two sleeping beauties.

"You are so stupid Abir! Anyway The kids need to wake up! Tell me what were you doing out?!"

"Aww look, Oliwia is questioning me when she's the one who's guilty." Abir smiled as Oliwia's eyes widened "Yes Liv, I was awake the whole time you were talking on the phone, I heard everything."

Wait Oliwia is guilty? Always suspected that! Mahnoor thought as she eavesdropped on her friends' conversation, her eyes fluttering open slightly as she craned over to listen to her two friends. People tend to reveal a lot more when they think you are asleep.

Now they were whispering, even Mahnoor's impressive hearing skills couldn't work out what they were saying.

"She'll be imprisoned for life"

"I know"

"What she needs is mental help, not spending the rest of her life in jail."

Wait who needs mental help? So is Oliwia not guilty? What are they talking about?

"Let's wake these two sleepyheads"

Shit! They couldn't wake her up now, she needed more sleep, she couldn't risk getting dark circles from lack of sleep. Without even realising it she fell asleep, dreaming dark dreams.

***

"Yo Alice wake up!" Abir shouted but Alice wouldn't listen. 

"Aww she looks so sweet and innocent whilst sleeping" Oliwia complimented as she caressed her friend's face gently moving her blonde hair.

"Not creepy at all..."

"Alice, my love, time to wake up dear" Oliwia said sweetly as she kept playing with Alice's blonde hair while taking a photo of her.