Chapter 24

I stood there staring at the body, trying not to burst into tears. But hot tears began to fill my eyes anyway, and I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists. Bismuth's lifeless body laid on the concrete, splattered blood surrounding a stab wound in her chest. I couldn't stop looking at her, wondering what the hell she did to deserve this. There were 4 additional bodies spread out around the area, and I was utterly disgusted at how someone could do such a thing.

"W-what happened?!" Lapis asked in a shaky voice, visibly disturbed by the sight. I felt like a pussy for crying, but I couldn't help it. "We don't know for certain, but we're going to ask Sadie if we could watch the recordings from the bar's surveillance system to see how it happened and who did it..." Blue Pearl explained.

We walked up the bar door that clearly had a sign that read 'CLOSED', but Sadie came to the door and opened it for us anyway. "Hey guys...I didn't call the cops yet in case you wanted to come check it out yourselves..." Sadie said as we walked in. "Thanks Sadie, you're the best. We were just wondering if you guys have like a surveillance camera or something?" Lapis asked, sitting on a nearby stool.

"Oh yeah. Come in here..." Sadie said as she walked into a room behind the counter. I walked around the counter, but of course Lapis just hopped right over it, reaching the doorway first. "She didn't call the cops yet...? Isn't she afraid that we might jump her or something?" I whispered to Lapis as we walked into the room.

"Don't worry, she's cool. She's already promised that she won't tell a soul about us, and she gives us big-ass discounts on drinks. So you could say she brings something to the table for our gang..." Lapis whispered back. Sadie sat in a spinny chair in front of multiple screens presenting different locations. "Now, how far are we going back?" the short blonde asked. "Just to last night..." Lapis says, putting a hand on her hip. 

Sadie then begins rewinding the recording in the entrance all the way back to last night. As soon as it hit 12:36 AM, it showed a glimpse of Bismuth. "Wait stop right there." I stated, leaning closer to get a better look. Sadie then played the recording. It showed Bismuth's body getting dragged from behind the bar to the front. We zoomed in and it appeared to be that Pearl from the Crystal Gems who was dragging her.

The boy, Garnet, and the Amethyst then emerged from the shadows behind the bar, and they seemed to be talking about something. The boy was crying, and Garnet was trying to calm him down. The Crystal Gems then all of a sudden look at the front door, as if they heard someone coming. They dragged Bismuth into the corner, making it hard for anyone passing by to see her anymore. They ran off, not bothering to do anything else with the body - the boy kept looking back.

Lapis then burst out of the bar with a couple of Jaspers, and one of them seemed to be carrying me bridal-style. That was probably when they found me in the back. Unfortunately, no one noticed Bismuth's limp body sitting in the very corner. "So Bismuth wasn't murdered at the front. That was just where she was dragged to. She must've been killed in the same place Peridot was jumped." Lapis inferred. "..the crystal gems must've been the ones who attacked me..." I added.

Sadie then went to the camera that was displayed in the back of the bar where I was beat up. She rewound the recording, and stopped at where Bismuth was standing out there. "Peridot! Peridot!" we could hear Bismuth calling my name, probably helping Lapis look for me. There was a lump in my throat, and tears began filling my eyes again. 

The Crystal Gems then showed up, immediately tackling Bismuth to the floor. Bismuth was yelling for help, but no one heard. All of a sudden the strong woman gathered enough strength to throw them all off, going ape shit on them. She first socked Garnet square in the face, and then she shoved Pearl against a wall. She then kicked Amethyst in the stomach and pushed her down.

Bismuth pulled her pocketknife out, getting ready to stab the shit out of them. Then all of a sudden the little boy charged Bismuth with a larger knife, and he sunk it into her chest with all his might, catching her by surprise. Bismuth freezes, and she stares at the boy for a good 5 seconds before falling backward onto the hard ground.

As soon as she was down, the boy stood up, and dropped the knife in shock. He began crying, and Pearl, Amethyst, and Garnet all ran up to him asking if he was okay. "I....I didn't m-mean to...th-this isn't right..." the boy sobbed, dropping onto his knees. After a few minutes of the three girls telling him he did the right thing, they were deciding on what to do with the body. 

"We'll put her in the back of the car..." Garnet stated, and they began to drag her away. The door to the bar slammed open, and the crystal gems quickly dragged Bismuth into a nearby corner before anyone could see. "Oh my god Steven..." Lapis muttered in a trembling voice, and she covered her mouth in shock. We continued to watch as I came into view as I was thrown onto the ground. 

Two hulking figures then towered over me, getting ready to give me a beating. Wait....what? "Wait...it wasn't the crystal gems who beat me up?" I asked, wondering who the hell else would do it. An expression of horror was presented on Lapis's face as she watched the two figures tortured me. But I was more so paying attention to the Crystal Gems hiding behind a trashcan, watching the whole scene go down. They didn't even bother to try and help me?!

The two figures then stopped for a moment, and noticed the camera, and I looked right at it. Their faces were revealed, and we all gasped as the Topazes' faces expressions of anger were shown. "The Topazes?!" Lapis and I both shouted.