Chapter 6

A/N: WARNING: The following chapter contains heavy topics, such as domestic abuse, PTSD, violence, and murder.

I came to a shocking realization - Jessica is Jasper! That's why she asked me those questions! That's why she looked ashamed! I mean.....she was pretty mean....but I think she's changed. Wait -was she part of the gang when we were little? Or... Now I have so many questions.

I was debating whether I should change my clothes or not, but then I realized that I didn't have any other clothes so I just walked up to the mirror and fixed my hair. Just as I was about to open the front door to leave and go find Jasper, I heard a knock on it. I quickly opened it and there she stood, looking as nervous as ever. She's probably planning to tell me about what happened - what I dreamed of. "Hey, Peridot, I um-" "I already know, Jasper." "W-what?" Jasper looked confused. "I actually had a few questions to ask you about it.." I explain, looking at her shoes for some reason. "O-oh...." she slowly walks in, and I close the door behind us. 

She sits on the bed, and I sit on the spinny chair in front of my work desk. "Hey, um, I-I'm sorry for being such a bitch to you back then..." Jasper apologizes, scratching the back of her neck. "It's alright. I mean we were just kids, right? Heheh..." I joke, but in my mind I listed all of the horrible things she did to me. "S-so, I'm assuming you remember Lapis, too, right?" Jasper suddenly asks. I take a moment to picture the cute little innocent black-haired girl with blue eyes - and then I picture this intimidating smoking-hot blue-haired gang-leader....yet with the same blue eyes. "Y-yeah.....h-how did you even end up here? Were you and Lapis friends before?" I ask, hoping to get a full answer - and I sure as hell did. 

Jasper takes a deep breath, folds her hands, and begins to speak. "You see, L-Lori was kidnapped and forced to work for the Diamond Authority, like you. Only she was much younger; about 10 years old I think.." I then remember her disappearance and how depressed I was when she was gone. I thought that she had moved - I had no idea she was kidnapped. 

Jasper continues, "She never saw her parents again, and the sad part is - they're still searching for her. But to Beach City her whereabouts are still unknown. Her name was changed to Lapis Lazuli, so she fit in with the rest of the gang members. She worked for Blue Diamond's Authority to be exact...and my mother was the one and only gang-leader of the Pink Diamond Authority, Pink Diamond. I first found out she was part of a gang when I was about 10 or so, and she forced me to swear that I would keep it a secret - Or she would kill me. When I was older - 14 or so - she made me work for her as a Jasper, so she changed my name to exactly that. But about 1 year later, her body was found in an alleyway, and I was devastated. Rumors went around and a Ruby claimed that the leader of the Crystal Gems gang Rose Quartz shot her dead. So after my mom died, I had no one to work for, so I was immediately assigned to Yellow Diamond, the leader of the Yellow Diamond Authority. But, it didn't last very long - turns out Yellow Diamond was the most strict of the four Diamond Authorities, and she assigned me one of the hardest missions out there; I was supposed to kill all of the Crystal Gems by the end of that week, and I claimed it was impossible. So after I failed the mission, Yellow Diamond insisted on killing me because she said I was 'useless'. However, the Blue Diamond Authority wanted me instead, because they said they needed more 'Jaspers' in their gang. So, I was transferred to the Blue Diamond Authority, and that's where I reunited with Lapis...." Jasper then paused, and had a hurt expression on her face that puzzled me. 

"She was the leader at the time, and I never actually met Blue Diamond. Lapis didn't talk to me at first, 'cause she remembered how much of a bully I was. But then she needed a Jasper to help her out on a mission to hunt down a chick named Malachite or whatever, and that Jasper happened to be me...then we finally got along. Then we started dating and everything was great....u-until it wasn't I guess..." Jasper's voice trails off, and she looks at the floor in sadness.

"As the year passed, we got into more arguments about little things, then big things, then our issues started to get physical. A-at one point I....I-I tried killing her..." Jasper muttered, ashamed. "You WHAT?!" I screeched, pushing back a little in my chair. "I don't know what I was thinking I-I just....she just frustrated me so much! I finally tried shooting her, but I chickened out, and that's when she ended our relationship and eventually went crazy." I shuddered at the last part. "You see, she has the upper hand now, though, because she threatened me; if I didn't follow her every order, it would be the end of me.." 

We sat in silence for a moment, then I was about to ask Jasper if Lapis remembered anything, but she interrupted me, as if she read my mind. "I wish I could say Lori remembers you, but I really do believe she's gone insane 'cause of her intense PTSD. I mean that's why people are afraid of her in the first place..." "Wait why?" I ask, suddenly a little nervous for the answer.

"After we broke up, Lapis had to take her anger out on something I guess, so she performed one of the hardest assignments she needed done herself; Lapis took out over 30 Crystal Gems in one night with only a pistol and pocketknife on her. A perfect center bullet-hole in each and every one of of the bodies' heads. No one knew how she did it, but no one questioned her, for they didn't really want to know how such a killing spree was done..." I gaped at her, imagining Lapis shooting all of those people, one-by-one, without hesitating. What if I ended up like one of  those poor people?!

"I....Oh my stars....." was all I could say. I just couldn't believe it. That same little girl who helped nerdy-ass me clean my face and became friends with me - now an insane murderer with a terrifying body count. Wow....not only was I attracted to this chick, I was now utterly terrified of her. Well......

More than I was before....