the model--prologue

Lisa~

Fall of 2018

My name is Lalisa Manoban. Or for short: Lisa. Twenty-one years old. I was once just a regular girl that just wanted to live a casual normal life. It wasn't until two years ago my boyfriend-Jungkook-talked me into auditioning for modeling in a studio in Thailand. The judges must've really liked me or my boyfriend bribed them because either way, I'm now one of the famous models of the state of Korea . My competition is CL and LE, but we all get along. The public, the media is just consumed on wanting someone to be better than others. It's kinda like this competition, but I'm a model of no competition.

But when it comes to loving someone..it is.

"Lisa, look here!"

I'm here at a studio, doing a photoshoot for Vogue Magazine in Vietnam. As my personal photographer, Jungkook talked into thr company's own photographer to take my photos. Through hard work and dedication, he became one of the most professional photographers. Models everywhere are jealous that he's my personal. He's my personal for just one reason. Duh, he's my boyfriend. We kept it on the down low since then. But it became a rumor, but we simply ignore it.

"Look to your left!", Jungkook tells me. I did as he says and flashed a smile looking at the camera. Behind the camera, I see his pearly white smile as he takes a couple more pictures. The crew behind him were awed, either at the photos he took or of me. I can't tell the difference.

Jungkook stands up from his squatting position and faces the crew and began to show the photos to the editors and the owner of the magazine. I didn't pay attention to all he said, he was doing his part. I waited to do mine.

"Lisa.", my photographer turns to me. "Can you come over here and pick the photos you want to be published on the magazine?", he politely smiles.

I smile back at him and walked over to stand by his side. I began to scrolling over the gallery and I'm impressed as always. I chose couple photos and the owner of the magazine was pleased about my options.

"Ms. Manoban?"

One of the crew members calls for me from the back of the studio. I excuse myself from the group and approach her. She gives me a warm smile and hands me the phone. "It's your manager, Jisoo."

"Ah, thank you.", I smile and gladly took the phone. "It's Lisa."

-Hey! How's the photoshoot going?-

I chuckle at her enthusiasm. "It's wonderful. It looks like the owner of Vogue wants to hire...."

-That's great to hear! How is he by the way?-

"Having an amazing time.", I say with a long sigh and a smile at the end which Jungkook notices and flashes a smile back to me. I get interrupted by Jisoo's voice.

-Lisa, are you and Jungkook keeping it on the downlow?-

I almost frown at her question almost reminding me how much of a struggle it is to keep my relationship secret just to be safe for my reputation and for his as well. I don't know if it's common for models out there to get in a relationship with their photographer. Is it? It's not like you see those type of headlines every now and then.

"Yeah, we're acting natural."

-Good, I don't want paparazzi knocking on my doorsteps.-

I hear her sigh heavily on the other side. She may be my manager, but she's been a great friend since we were kids. It was such an honor to have her as my manager.

"You seem stress.", I say with concern. "Penny for a thought?"

She clears her throat. I instantly noticed her tone seemed hesitant. What is she hiding? "You're next flight is in two hours. I'll have a car waiting for you."