The One With the Mission Before Christmas

Zadie's POV:

It was the absolute most wonderful time of the year. My dad was getting to come home this year, which was rare and lucky. It would be the first Christmas with him in ages. And it is also the first Christmas with the Davenport's.

When I had gotten down the box that contained the decorations, lights, wrapping stuff, and more, I found my 'Bye Buddy. Hope you find your dad' sweatshirt that I had gotten when Delta got one that said, 'OMG! Santa! I know him!', and Tasha had gotten one that said, 'The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.' Clearly, Elf was our favorite Christmas movie. Thinking back to old Christmas memories, I remember when Tasha, Delta, Leo, and I would all go shopping at the mall on Black Friday and literally run people down for the good deals.

I dropped my sisters off at my dad's and went over to the Davenport's for Christmas Eve. My mom was at her parents house, my grandma's. I had been invited, of course, and was planning to stop by later. We used to go the day after Christmas, but now they gather on Christmas Eve. I usually go to my dads on Christmas, and my step-sisters and my dad's parents join.

I then picked up Del, and we headed to the Davenport's. "Zadie! Merry Christmas Eve!" She greeted.

"Yay! Oh, I love Christmas!" I smiled.

"Did you see the Davenport's Christmas cards?" Del said, holding up a card that only had Davenport's face on it.

"It's on my fridge as we speak." I told her.

When we got to the Davenport's, the smell of pine tree and sweet treats filled the air. Ah yes, the sweet treats. Tasha makes these things called seven-layer bars, and  boy, are they good.

"Donald, I just noticed the holiday card we mailed out. What happened to the family portrait we took to celebrate our first Christmas together?" Was the first thing we heard when we walked through the door.

"Oh, I shredded those. These are way more festive." Davenport stated.

"Who wants a Christmas cookie?" Adam asked, as he was wearing a Santa suit and holding a tray of uncooked sugar cookies.

"Adam, those aren't cooked." Delta told him.

"Oh, no problem." Adam said, as he used his laser vision to cook the cookies. Now, they were burnt and on fire. "Careful. They may be hot."

Bree then rushed in the door. "Okay. Who covered the entire house in blinking lights? People already think we're weird, we don't need to shine a light on it!"

"I did that! I want to make sure Santa Claus comes to our house first!" Adam stated.

"Aw." Delta mumbled.

"Adam, we all love Christmas, but I think you're going a little overboard." As soon as Bree said that, Chase struggled in the door. He was wrapped in colorful Christmas lights. "That, however, is spot-on."

"Hey! Get back above the roof, you're ruining my display!" Adam commanded Chase.

"You were lucky a raccoon chewed me free!" Chase shouted at his brother. I couldn't help but to laugh at him.

We then heard the sound of a mission alert and Davenport said, "That's an urgent mission alert, we have to get to the lab."

Everyone left, including Delta, but I stayed behind to watch Chase struggle. "Hello? A little help?" He said, as he fell behind the couch, causing me to laugh at him. "Not funny, Z."

I walked behind the couch and bent down. "Yeah, it is pretty funny." I then started to help by freeing him from the string of lights. We were the last ones to the lab, and Davenport was already explaining the mission.