chapter 12

Chapter twelve:

Nobody said or did anything for a few minutes. In fact, for a moment it seemed like nobody was even breathing. Britain had his eyes trained on the child, looking her up, and down as if he were inspecting something dangerous. America and china on the other hand, stared at her with expressions of curiously, and surprise. Italia hardly breathed as she felt an unfamiliar fear go through her. She didn't think any of this was good, especially after the talk she heard. Italia didn't do anything, and instead, buried her head into Germany's chest, looking for some sort of comfort. As if by instinct, or maybe he took the gesture as a cue, Germany began to gently rub the child's back. Italia Glanced a bit scared at Britain as he still stared at her as if she were trying to figure her out. Prussia entered the room again with a scowl, and sat on the other side of his little brother. Italy was nervous, but he kept his mouth shut as he leaned foreword to look at Italia's half-hidden face. She looked at him, and smiled slightly as if she were telling him she was ok. She reached one of her hands, and Italy took it, and gently squeezed it. The child smiled just a bit wider, and some of her fear went away. She was ok, at least that was what she was thinking.

    "Dude, where did you find her? How long have you had her?” America stepped closer to the child, trying to get a better look at her. Germany moved slightly to hide her more.

    "It's a long story of where I found her, but to put it simply. She was left alone, and I wasn't going to let her be alone. She coulda died, and I sure as hell wasn't going to have that on my conscious." America nodded slightly, and then looked at Brittan, who was still busy looking at the child the best he could from his current angel.

    "Ai ya, you didn't answer the other question. How long have you had her?"

    "Long enough that she's family.” Prussia answered, crossing his arms, as he looked at Italia. he knew she was frightened, which is why he wanted nothing more than for these guys to leave. Like they should have done in the first place....

        Nobody said anything for abit after that answer, and instead, Ludwig, Venezaino, and Gilbert let the other three nations get use to Italia, who had eventually warmed up to the strangers, and was smiling a little at them, and talking a bit to them. She didn't go into her usual chatter, like she would with any of her familiar family, but she tried to be cordial.

    "Well, she's a cute one. You sure she was alone. No family?" Britain asked with a bit of worry. Italia looked up at Germany, who was now gently rubbing her hands to keep her calm.

    "Ja, she was alone. She had no family when I found her." Britain nodded slightly, and looked back at the child.

    "Well, you never have to worry about anything. You'll be very well protected.” Which is why Britain hadn't given them the third degree about the child. What happened to keeping one's amnesty as a country a secret from humans? But he didn't say anything out loud.

    "Ja, I no.” She answered softly, leaning back into Germany a bit. The general adjusted his arms so that he held her more securely. Brittan again looked at the child, studying her. Her hair was a very familiar color, and her eyes.... Did they change colors?

    "So...How is she? She speaks very well.” China noted with a smile. Italia giggled. Germany looked at her, and then up at the other three nations.

    "We're not sure. She develops really fast. Faster than any of us expected her to develop." China nodded slightly, and then looked at Britain.

    "Well, she's around you all the time Germany. I'm not surprised she's developing fast at all." Britain said as he leaned back on the couch, looking from Germany to Italia, who currently had her eyes closed as if she were sleeping. Her chest rose, and fell in simple, even rhythm.