Chapter 6: Monster Party

I opened my eyes to see white fabric. I looked up and saw Sans sleeping soundly. The blanket was thrown over us, keeping us warm through the night. My body was still against the back of the couch and my legs were intertwined with his boney legs. I laid back down so I won't wake him. My head rested on his ribcage.

As I laid awake, I looked around the room. The far wall had a table against it and had two chairs. On the table was a rock with sprinkles on it. I remember Papyrus saying that Sans had a pet rock. There was also a note on the table with gold. Didn't know what that was for. The kitchen was right next to the table. The bathroom door was under the stairs. I looked up the stairs and I could see the rail and the doors of their rooms.

I heard a yawn and looked up. Sans started to open his eyes. They had no white pinpricks and it was a little creepy. The white came to his eyes and he looked at me. He smiled a small smile.

"How long have you been awake?" Sans asked.

"Not long, didn't want to wake you."

"That's fine."

I got up and went to the table where the note was. I read it:

SANS, TALL HUMAN,

AT UNDYNE'S FOR TRAINING. HERE IS SOME GOLD TO GET FOOD FOR THE PARTY LATER ON TONIGHT. PLEASE DO MAKE SOMETHING AND NOT BUY IT ALREADY MADE.

PAPYRUS

P.S. PICK UP YOUR SOCK SANS!

I giggled and gave Sans the note. He sat up and read it. He shook his head and got up. He yawned, "There is a shop on the other side of town we can get some stuff for the party."

"Okay, I'll get ready and go there."

Sans went upstairs and into his room. I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower. I got back into my clothes and brushed my hair. I made sure that my necklace was secure around my neck. I looked at the charms and emotions flooded my mind. I missed my sister. I just hope that we can find her and Frisk and bring them home. If we are stuck down here, then at least I have friends and I can be happy here.

I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed Sans's hoodie and grabbed the gold. I put it in my pocket and looked up the stairs, "Sans, I'll be back soon!"

"Be safe, I'll be here," Sans said through the door.

I walked out and into the cold. I looked around to see monsters walking and talking. It reminded me of my home town. If I was stuck down here for the rest of my life, I wouldn't be unhappy, but I'd still miss my home. Here, I have friends at least and I'll find a home after I find Cassidy and Frisk. We'd live together among the monster race.

I walked past a library and Grillby's. Monsters looked at me and whispered to one another. I heard one person talking about how I spared Papyrus and took hits, unlike the other two who tried to attack him. I then came to a house and two buildings. One said 'inn' and the other said 'shop'. I walked into the shop and heard a bell ring. At the counter was a bunny monster. She looked up at me, "Well, hello there. You must be that human the town has been talking about. The one who took hits other than fighting."

I nodded, "Yeah, didn't want to. I didn't need to. Nothing is fixed with blood shed."

"You are a different human, that's for sure. What can I do for you?"

I walked up to her, "The monsters I'm staying with are having a party at Undyne's house and they want to make something. I thought that I could pick up ingredients for a dessert here."