Chapter 9: Save Them Kelsi

It was dark. I yelled for help, but nobody came. I looked around and no life. I was alone. I then heard something. It was like a voice. I walked towards it and I found a figure. It was tall and the head was white, the body was a black mass.

"Excuse me?" I asked it.

The head turned to me and I was a little scared. It had two eyes, one was in the shape of an upside down crescent moon and the other side open. There were cracks on the upper skull on the right side and one going down on the other. He had a black smile and he walks to me. I froze as he was in front of me. He brought up his hands and they had circles in them, cut out. I started to see symbols of a different font. I was like...wingdings.

Human, you possess monster souls.

I understood this mentally. He said, "Human, you possess monster souls."

"How? I didn't kill any monsters on purpose," I explained.

(Friends, weren't they?)

I nodded as tears welled in my eyes, "Yes sir, I didn't want them to die. It's all my fault. Papyrus...I couldn't control my body. I called for him to help me, but he didn't hear me."

He studied me and reached out a hand. It glowed and my soul shone brightly in the darkness. The tan mixed with the light purple, but it was brighter than before. I didn't know what that was.

(I've seen a soul like this before. You have a very strong soul. Loyalty and courage. These traits are very unique to a human. You are very loyal to your friends, making them become closer to you just by being at their side in certain situations. You had the courage to fight with Undyne and Papyrus to protect them.)

"Sir, I feel like it's my fault they've turned to dust. I wish I could bring them back and tell them that I'm sorry. That they are still my friends. That I know they are safe."

(I will think about this, Kelsi. In the meantime, wake up and talk to your friends. One of them saved you in Snowdin and one is trying to heal you. Until next time.)

I nodded, "Thank you. What is your name?"

(Dr. W.D. Gaster.)

"Nice to meet you. So, until we meet again."

The darkness faded to white as he vanished.

I heard voices. They were worried about something. I couldn't recognize them. A door opened and I tried to talk. I couldn't talk or move. I then heard a robotic voice. Mettaton?

"Oh darling, I couldn't believe Sans would attack her like that. I thought he had feelings for her," Mettaton said.

"He g-got to the f-fight when Kelsi was t-t-taken over. He just saw Kelsi attacking Papyrus w-while the other two were w-watching," Alphys replied, "At least h-her HP is higher than when you found her."

"When will she wake up?"

"Soon, come on, let's finish your body."

I tried to get them to look at me and I let out a moan of pain.

"Wait, Alphys, I think she is waking up," I heard a wheel squeak, "Darling?"

I opened my eyes and I saw I was in an off-white room. The door was across from me and I looked to my side. I saw Mettaton there. His screen with a red heart. Alphys was on my other side.

"Kelsi, h-how are y-y-y-ou feeling?" She asked.

I groaned, "Sore. Sans...he...attacked me with some sort of laser or something."