CHAPTER I

I put in my headphones as I walk away from the awful creation known as school. It feels good to have Imagine Dragons blaring through my head, even though Carson would scold me.

Carson is the closest thing I have to a father. Though Joe, our mailman and neighbor, is a close second. But Carly, my older sister, is only a sister. We all have pretty big age differences and different mothers. But we're siblings all the same.

And yes, I know my brother and sister work for mob bosses. But they aren't a part of the mob. They never let me go with them because I'm the baby. Please, I can shoot just as good as them.

"Caleigh!" A booming voice shouts which I recognize as Joe. I turn around and pull out my headphones, seeing that I'm already home.

"if you're going to tell Carson, then I won't tip you." I say pointing a finger at Joe. Joe is a big guy, around six feet. My caretaker when Carson and Carly are away on a job. He just gives me a stern look.

"I said your name 5 times." He said annoyed. Joe is somewhere between my sister and brother, 30 I think.

"And I didn't respond 4 times." I say with a sly smirk. His mail comes in the morning so I can only assume Carson and Carly aren't back yet.

"You're only making this worse." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"It doesn't matter, Carson is always mad at me anyway." I said and walked up the small staircase to my front door. I type in the lock code which sadly gives Joe time to catch up.

"He isn't Caleigh, you're just the youngest. He's protective of you." Joe said more sympathetically this time. I just scoff.

"Like that makes it better." I say and finally unlock the door. Once again, Joe follows me inside.

"He just wants you safe, you're more sensitive because of your condition." Joe says quietly. I don't think he intended for me to hear him. But I did. I whip around.

"Do you mean my photographic memory?" I question, bewildered.

"You saw your mother get killed. That would hurt anyone!" He says. I give him points for trying. He knows, the whole family knows to never bring up my "condition".

"I am not damaged!" I am screaming at this point. I feel bad for taking it out on Joe. It was an honest slip up, but it hurts. I was only two.

"What's going on down here!" Another male voice yells. Both Joe and I flinch. I swore Carson wasn't home. He said he wouldn't be.

"I brought up the thing." Joe says and walks out the door. I don't hear the slam, or Carson saying my name. I'm too busy trying to not shoot steam out of my ears.

"Caleigh?" He says and shakes me. I whip toward him. He looks tired, stressed. I don't know what happened.

"You weren't supposed to be home." I say quietly and run upstairs. I lock my door behind me so Carly nor Carson can open the door. I hate crying in front of them, it makes me feel weak.

It was the mob. My father had pissed them off once again, but this time they did something about it. At the time Carson was 17 and Carly was 11. The came to our house and forced their way in. I just remember Carson picking me up, grabbing Carly's hand, and running us out. But the one thing I remember, is my slut of a mother.

Being shot in the kitchen window.

Please Vote if you Enjoyed!!!!!!!!

This is the first chapter but I will upload the whole book in  couple months get ready!!!!