Chapter XXVII

Carson POV

"Caleigh you alright?" I asked. She stopped suddenly as soon as the door opened. It was like the sight of this huge garage just scared her to death.

"This is where it all happened. Where the put me on display like some animal." She seethed looking all around, taking it in. 

"This is the hanger you were talking about earlier?" Carly asked, and I vaguely remember Caleigh telling us about this place.

"This is where I found out Carter was the traitor. He stood next to Morley looking so proud, as if I were receiving an award." She ground out. Carter is an asshole no doubt, I'm just surprised he actually had the guts to expose himself like that.

"It's all over now Cal." I said placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. This place probably gives her PTSD, which only motivates me more to get us out of here. 

"I know, it is just a lot of bad stuff happened in here." She said moving forward, deeper into the hanger. 

"Hey, Carson and Joe go find us a car. And no punching or brawling you hooligans." Carly commands. We go off in search for a unnoticeable car. 

"I'm sorry I hit you." I said. Joe looked at me with surprise. I know why Carly sent us alone, she wanted us to make up. Plus I think she wanted to talk to Caleigh alone.

"I understand why you did. I should have asked your permission first." Joe says shrugging. 

"You have it." I said and Joe looks shocked again. I guess I'm just full of surprises today, whether it's breaking stuff, or being involved in the romantic lives of my sister.

"Thanks Carson." He said looking pretty relieved. Joe knows we have a close family, if I didn't accept him, it would have been catastrophic. 

"Guys we have a problem!" Carly yells from the opposite side of the hanger. Immediately Joe and I hop into the first car we see, which is a black truck, and speed over to where they are. We get out as soon as they are in our line of sight. 

"What's wrong, are you hurt?" I said looking over both of them. Caleigh smiles at me but Carly just shrugs away my concerns. 

"No the clock." Caleigh says. I follow her line of vision and see a huge clock.

"So what it's a clock." I say, not really understanding her point. She turns and glares at me, the smile gone.

"No the time, the meeting was supposed to end at nine." She said, and I looked back at the clock. 

"Oh, it is nine thirty." I say, and she just rolls her eyes.

"The meeting location was only thirty minutes away Carson." She says. Right on cue a huge door that I thought was a wall begins to open. 

I whip out my gun and get behind the truck, everyone else following in my lead. I peek around the edge of the truck and see seven cars pulling in. It seems like a lot but it is just a lot of small cars, that really only hold two people max. So I estimate maybe 30 guys in all. Yeah, not to bad. 

The only problem is all of the gasoline in this area. One missed shot will end everyone's  lives. I slowly put my gun away, and Caleigh does the same. I'm sure she came to that conclusion when we first walked in, but decided it was my call.

"Look at the walls, everything in here is super flammable. We just can't risk it." Caleigh explained to a confused Joe and Carly. Thank god she is here, she is like a little assistant who understands all my thoughts.

"Yo Jerry, why is this truck in the middle of the garage." A man with a thick Chicago accent asks. This can't turn into a gun fight, not just for the safety of the hanger, but all of us are injured, we will loose in two seconds if it comes to that. I step out from my hiding place and raise my hands.

"We don't want a fight." I say, as Joe also comes around. But both of the girls stay put, probably because Joe told them so. The man who yelled has a thick black beard, and a cigar in his mouth. But I don't see him carrying, which means that most of them probably aren't.

"You sure are asking for one Crew." Marco says as he jumps out of a car further towards the back. He walks quickly to where we are standing. I see fear in his eyes, but he does a good job hiding it from his men. I also see Jake come around. His face is bruised and he is limping. Well good riddance. 

"Nope, I just want to take my family and I and leave." I said firmly. But Marco held his ground, he probably only did it to protect his ego. That's his downfall, unlike me, I don't have an ego. It's the most valuable possession to those who have it, and when it is taken away they become nothing.

"Not going to happen. You all know who I am, my family. I cannot just let you simply waltz out of here." He said, and I looked at Jake. Who's eyes were not trained on me but the back of his fathers skull.

"Actually Marco, it might be in your best interest to let us go. That is the best way to protect your son." I said. I knew I hit a sore spot, when both Jake and Marco flinched. 

"Yes, but if I kill you that would solve all my problems." Marco says smirking, a couple of his men laugh, but we all know the truth.

"Marco, you are old and slow. This is not a place you want to fire your weapon. How do you expect to kill someone like me. Someone who killed his own father." I spat out. I don't know if Carter is dead or alive, but it was the perfect bait.

"My best friend." He said, sadness creeping into his eyes. But it quickly turned to anger, and before I could react, he punched me.

Right where Carter had.

Please vote if you enjoyed!