CHAPTER V

Caleigh POV

"Wake up sweetheart." A deep voice says. My brain is fuzzy and for a minute I believe that my grumpy older brother is speaking. Then the events of, what was it, last night? They enter my brain.

All I can do is groan and force my eyes into slits. At first everything is white, then it turns grey. It takes me a second to realize that I'm looking at a grey bar. I try to sit up quickly but my head bangs on something, and I fall back down. Then a chuckle.

"I wouldn't try that." The same deep voice says. I stay on my side but move my vision upward. But I can't see his face. The top of the crate I'm in blocks him. They put me in a friggin' dog crate! This is rude.

"Thanks for the pro-tip." I mutter sarcastically. Man, this guy is great, better then Nintendo Switch!

"What'd the doggy say?" The man said leaning down. For the first time I saw his face. But I've seen it before. I knew I did. I frantically looked through my photographic memory. Where have I seen him?

"Woof." I say and spit at him. It hit him straight on the forward. I let a winning smile appear on my face. I couldn't help it.

"Take her out." The man said walking out of my field of vision. Where were my siblings? Oh my gosh. What happened to Joe? A pair of arms lifts me out and now I know the only way out is through the top. When my feet hit the ground, the hands stay firmly gripping my arms.

The room looks like the average living room, with a grey atheistic. But it was big enough to belong to a mansion. The room was the same size as my house, and where my family isn't the richest around, we definitely aren't the poorest.

"Who are you?" I ask as the man sits in a big chair. I frowns and looks at the man holding me. I have yet to see his face.

"Did you get the wrong Crew?" The man asks the aggressive man behind me. What did he mean wrong Crew?" He couldn't have gotten me and Carly mixed up. We are too different.

"No sir, this is Caleigh. The other two have eliminated Jason." The man holding me said. Oh thank god Carson and Carly are alright. I take pity on these gentlemen. Carson is going to kill them in more ways then one.

"Why do you want me?" I try again. The man in the chair looks at me for the first time since I spit on him. Why does his face bug me so much. I have to know him, but I've searched through almost all my memories.

"Because you have something that is mine." The man says. What the hell? I'm barely let out of the house on a good day, how could I have something of his?

"I'm sorry I have no clue what you're talking about." I say and try to shimmy out of his grip.

"You aren't escaping." The man says. I scowl.

"You think I could get away? You're cutting off circulation, and I need my hands to eat." I say and finally yank them out of his grip. I turn around and see a guy around Joe's age. He has dark hair and eyes similar to the man in the chair. But the man in the chair looks around fifty, my fathers age. Wait a second?

"She's feisty." The man says and I turn back around to look at him. They both have a heavy Italian accent.

"If my father took something from you I don't have it." I say putting my hands up as a sign of surrender.

"No you have it." The man said standing and walking towards me. I try to back up but the buff man hasn't moved an inch.

"Look I'll give it back okay, whatever it is!" I yell at him, finding the courage to step towards him instead of away.

"You can't." The man says smirking, and he walks back to his chair. I'd like to think I won in a way, but I also know it's never that simple.

"What do you mean I can't?" I ask and see the man from behind me walk away. Wow, they really underestimate me.

"This is something that your brain stole in a way." The man says as the buffer one hands him a shot glass, with what I assume is whiskey. That's what it smells like.

"I still don't understand." I say. I keep thinking, but nothing comes up. The older man laughs and turns to his 'guy'.

"See Jake, she's just as dumb as her brother." The man says and Jake nods. I scowl at both of them. In fact, I should just leave it on my face as much as I've been doing it.

"You've seen me." The man said. I shook my head furiously. I would've remembered. What am I missing?

"No I would've remembered!" I yell. I can only assume this man knows of my condition. He frowns.

"So your brother taught you to lie?" The man in the chair says. I shake my head again. What is this man on about? He is absolutely crazy.

"You remember just make this easier on yourself." Jake says from the mans side.

"My name is Joe Morley." The man, Morley, says. Nobody's seen him.

"I've never seen you before in my life! Neither has my siblings." I yell, but the doubt is planted in my brain. Why do I feel like I do?

"Yes, when I killed your mother." Morley says. The memory comes back, just his face in the kitchen window, holding the gun to my mothers head. He pulled the trigger.

I feel my body fall to the floor.

Please vote if you enjoyed!

The rest of the book will be posted May 1st! I will let you know if there are any delays :)