CHAPTER IIX

Carson POV

"This isn't some fantasy novel, this is real life!" Joe says to us. I look at him and Carly just gets on the computer unfazed.

"You don't think I know that! My damn sister is missing." She says sharply from behind the screen. Joe is getting madder every second. I put my hand on his shoulder trying to release the tension.

"Hear her out Joe." I say calmly. But my mind is anything but calm. I'm the one in charge so I need to stay calm, but it's getting progressively harder. If what Carly can do isn't just her imagination, then Cal is alive. But it's still nothing definite.

"What's there to hear out Carson! The only time that has been remotely possible is if they're twins. Do they look like twins to you?" He yells. Carly looks up for the first time since he started yelling, remaining mostly calm.

"No we aren't twins, but I felt it." She said and turned the computer towards us. The screen showed surveillance photos taken of a man probably my age. I look up at her, but she doesn't meet my gaze.

"Who is that?" I ask and Carly still doesn't look at me. I can feel that she is starting to doubt herself, which is never a good thing for her.

"This is Jake Morley, Joe Morley's son." She said, and Joe studies the screen. I find myself looking deeper into the photo. He looks straight up Italian, brown hair and a sharp jawline. Worst of all, strong, exceptionally strong.

"He could probably do serious damage to Caleigh." I whisper, but Carly and Joe both caught it. Carly looks at me and now I know why she avoided my gaze. The tears, they haven't fallen but look like they could at any given moment.

"I'll see what I can find on him." Joe says going to the other side of the desk and turning the computer to face him. Knowing how much Joe likes his research I decided to duck out with Carly. I gently grab her arm and drag her out of the office.

"How are you holding up?" I asked even though I knew the answer. She looked at me and the tears finally began to fall.

"How do you think?" She said and scowled at me. I knew it was a stupid question.

"Sorry," I said but before I could get out another word she wrapped her arms around me. I placed my head on top of her soft, brown hair. It struck me then just how much I looked like dad whilst my sisters looked like their mothers.

Carly looked just like her whore of a mother, she was probably the worst one out of the three. But Carly was different, she had a soft doe like appearance, where her mother made sure to accentuate every curve she had, even when she was pregnant.

Caleigh on the other hand was just like her mother, both personality and appearance. All of us felt strangely attached to Caleigh's mother, probably because she acted like a mother. Putting her children's needs first instead of last. Just like Caleigh, they looked and acted like angels, most of the time.

But I got everything from my dad, my dirty blonde hair and muscles. We had the same dark eyes and lean, but muscular, bodies. But my dad was a shit stick. All he did was screw around with any woman who offered themselves to him. Caleigh's mother was different. She started out as a nanny when Carly's mom was out slutting about. But dad raped her, she only stayed for us and her daughter.

Then Morley killed her, which we only learned about recently. We only worked for him because our father said he was threatening us. But now I'm thinking that maybe it was just to protect him.

"What are we going to do Carson?" Carly's voice broke me out of my thinking. She pulled away and looked at me with innocent eyes. I wish I had an answer, but for the first time in my life, I didn't.

"I don't know yet. I guess we find Jake Morley and have him lead us to Joe." I say and she nods. But her eyes are distant, as if she didn't comprehend what I said. "Carly?" I ask. Her eyes flick up to me.

"Morley looks like his son." She mumbles to herself, then runs to kitchen. I'm quick to follow, I don't know what she'll do if I don't.

"What are you doing?" I say and see her pick up the home phone. We don't have smart phones because they can be traced, and we've made a lot of unnecessary enemies on dad's behave.

"Calling dad." She said quietly. I almost exploded at the mention of him. It took all of my self control to not rip the phone out of her hands.

"What, why?" Why on earth would she want to call the man that indirectly got our sister kidnapped.

"Because he might have an image of him." She said putting the phone up to her ear. I think about what she said, could he? They could be the same age, but it depends how they met.

"Hey dad." She says then fake gags to me. After all she did tell me that he would never be her father after what he did.

"I need you to come over." She said and I shot up off of the table I was leaning on. I began desperately waving my arms telling her to shut up. She only glanced at me before continuing.

"Yeah Carson is all for it." She said and smirked at me. I slapped my forehead. I was going to strangle her.

"Oh and bring your high school yearbook." She said.

Please vote if you enjoyed!