Chapter XXX

Caleigh POV

I love having the window down in the car. I like the feeling of my hair whipping all around my face, like I'm in a photo shoot or something. 

"Will you please roll the window up." Carson yells over the loud sound of the wind. I roll my eyes at his complaints.

"Oh liven up big bro. I get to celebrate, since it has been a year and I haven't been kidnapped and tortured again." I say sarcastically, but I actually mean it.

This past year has been nothing but excitement. Carson finally let me drop out of school considering I already knew everything. He also let me start doing jobs. Not for the mobs, but rather government busts. Once Carson came forward and told them all he knew, they hired him to take down mobs from the inside out.

We had been away for about two weeks and I was seriously missing Carly. Her and Joe had gotten together, apparently Carson gave Joe permission back in the hanger. Which immediately solved the friction between Carly and Carson. 

As for my father, well I have no idea where he is, or even if he is alive. Apparently after I lost consciousness back in the hanger, Carter saved my life, and said that this was his grand plan all along. I still remember the last time I saw him in the hospital, right after I woke up.

"Get away from me." I said trying to scoot as far away from him as possible. He didn't move forward he just hung his head in shame.

"Caleigh please just hear me out." He pleaded, his eyes looked so desperate, that I complied. If Carson had let him be alone with me, then something had obviously changed in their relationship. Before Carson would have shot him on sight.

"You have five minutes before I call for Carson." I said. I flicker of hope lit in his eyes, before it quickly simmered back down.

"I know Carson explained to you why I did the things I did, but I know you can't trust or forgive me yet. I understand that sweetie. I just wanted to tell you I won't bother you anymore. I plan on leaving this city and going somewhere far away. Chicago has given me nothing but grief." He said slowly, as if I were nine.

"Where do you plan on going?" I ask, trying to keep an emotionless tone. I can't let him see that I feel sorry for him, that will only add fuel to the fire.

"Somewhere out in the country, where I can be alone. Where I can't start trouble. I need time to sort through my affairs." He said.

"Well, I hope you live a good life from now on." I said. He turns to leave before he stops suddenly.

"Can you do me a favor?" He asks turning his head to look at me. I just nod, not sure I'm fully able to speak much more.

"Keep them safe." He said before walking out.

And that was the last time I saw him.

"Do you want to call Carly? Let her know we are almost home." Carson asked and I pulled out my phone. I heard the ringing then I heard the phone pick up.

"What's up dude." She answered nonchalant. I knew by her tone of voice that something was happening. 

"We're almost back home." I said and I heard some rustling.

"Did you find him?" She asked, referring to Jake. He still hasn't been found since the hanger fight last year. We don't think he will lay low forever though.

"No, we can talk when I get back. In the meantime stop having sex with Joe." I said smirking. Carson's head whips over to mine with a look of pure horror.

"Please do not tell me Carson heard that." Carly pleads, but I know she already knows the answer.

"Yeah, tell Joe to run." I said watching as Carson got redder and redder. Carly just sighed and hung up.

"Were they actually?" He asked, probably feeling super uncomfortable.

"Yep." I said popping the P.

Man, I can't wait to go back home.

THIS IS THE END!!!! I hope you enjoyed, leave a vote and comment if you did!!!!!!!!!