CHAPTER III

Carson POV

It was a relatively easy job. The only problem was how long it was going to take. Morley said that shipment was supposed come sometime in between 9 and 1 A.M.

"Carson, we haven't had a job this easy since 2013." Carly says from the passenger side. She was right, something else is going on.

"I know, I don't know why he's having us work this job." I say and she doesn't respond. I look at her and see the gears turning in her head.

"Carson." She says after a little while. I look out and see a car coming from around 200 meters up the road. She loads one of her pistols and gets out. I follow only a second behind her. Something about this seems fishy.

"Be ready." I tell her and she nods. We go down the steep hill and stand on a rock. Finally when the truck comes into range, we jump. I see Carly land only a couple feet next to me on top of the truck. Without me telling her she slips down and disconnects the truck head and the cargo.

"Got it." She says up to me. She jumps up and I grab her arms and lift her up. One of the cars that belongs to Morley's men comes up from next to us. The trunk opens and the guy connects the cargo to the back. I see Carly and I's jumping point.

"Now?" She asks grabbing my hand. I enclose my fingers and nod. We jump and land on a huge patch of moss. See, an easy job.

"Let's go home." I say and we begin to make the long trek back up the hill. We finally get to the car and I hear my phone ringing from inside.

"Hello." I say when I see our home phone number. It's probably Joe just checking in.

"Carson," Caleigh's voice floats through the phone. I didn't even let her finish.

"Caleigh, what are you doing up? I thought you were Joe." I say loudly. Carly looks at me from the passenger seat. Her eyebrows crinkle.

"Carson lower your voice." She says in almost a whisper. That gets the gears turning in my head. Why is she being quiet.

"What's wrong?" I ask. I can almost feel her fear. Carly is looking at me, but I just hold up a hand to her.

"Someone broke in. I don't know where Joe is, but they have guns with silencers." She says quietly. I bang my fist against the wheel. This was a setup. The easy job, it was just a ploy to get us out of the house.

"Its Morley." I pull the phone away and tell Carly. Her eyes widen and fear draws over her. Distantly over the phone I hear a loud bang.

"Carson?" She says. There's no way she's in her own room. That would've broken her door down. She's in my room.

"What?" I ask fear lancing through me. If Morley gets to her, he has all leverage over me. He knows my weakness is my sisters.

"They almost have me, I love you, tell Carly I love her. Find me and get revenge." She says quietly and I hear the door broken down. Then I hear the end call tone.

"Caleigh?" I yell but all I hear is the endless beep. Carly has tears in her eyes. I push the gas and speed almost the whole way home. When we finally get there the front door is bashed in. Carly and I both get out and sprint in the house.

"Caleigh!" Carly screams and runs upstairs, gun drawn. But what I'm more confused about, where is Joe.

"Joe?" I say a tad bit quieter then Carly. I search the whole floor but stop when I get to the kitchen door.

I found Joe, tied up with a bullet wound in his huge shoulder. I  run over to him and pull the gag out of his mouth. Then I see the needle entry in the back of his neck. I untie his legs and hands.

"Carson." Joe says just above a whisper.

"I'm here." I said. Why did they only take Caleigh? Joe is definitely a person that they'd want to have doing their bidding. The dude is huge.

"There were too many of them." He said. I helped him up and saw Carly coming back down the stairs. She has blood all over her hands.

"I got a live one." She says and goes back up. I pick up a clean rag and give it to Joe. I dump him on the couch and run upstairs. Carly goes into my room and I see one holding his... you know.

"You're sister's a bitch." He spits out and grins. Carly nudges me and I see one of my pistols in her hand.

"I found it by the closet door." She said. I step over one of Morley's pawns and open the door. I look around and find the home phone in a pile of books.

"I think Caleigh did this." Carly said lightly kicking the piece of scum on the ground. I bend down to his eye level.

"You work for Morley?" I ask nudging his forehead with the pistol Caleigh stole. It looks like she couldn't even get a shot off.

"She saw something she shouldn't have." The dude said. I laughed and grabbed his gun that fell a few feet away.

"She sees a lot of stuff amigo, which one are you talking about?" I ask and screw on the silencer.

"Why would I tell you, you're just going to shoot me anyways." The guy says and Carly grins.

"Because, if you think Morley is bad, you haven't seen anything yet." She says in his ear. I quickly shoot his leg. He doesn't scream he just groans.

"What did she see?" I yell in his face. If I can find out maybe I can help.

"Morley."

Please vote if you enjoyed!