CHAPTER VI

Carson POV

I can't believe how my father could be that selfish. He would rather protect his own ass then save his daughters. I can't believe I worked for the man that killed Caleigh's mother! Our father was right that she was our favorite.

"What happened Carson?" Carly asks giving me a strange look. I angrily slam my phone down on the table and walk past Joe into the kitchen. I can't blow up around my sister, even though she isn't the baby of the family.

"Carson, Carly needs answers." Joe says stepping in the doorway. I splash some water in my face to try to cool down. I need to stay calm, if I freak out, so will she. I walk past him into the living room where Carly is patiently waiting.

"Want to try again?" She says standing and raising an eyebrow. I know when I tell her the truth, she'll be pissed. Look at my reaction.

"Caleigh did see Morley." I said, grabbing one of the guns left behind. I see the silencer, just as Caleigh described.

"How, when. Carson you barely let her out of the house." She said shaking her head. I chose to ignore what she said about me keeping her on lock down. I thought I was keeping her safe but I guess it was pointless in the end anyway.

"When her mother was killed. Dad said Morley pulled the trigger." I say sitting where she previously was. I look up and and see her thinking, then the anger hits. Just like it did for me.

"You mean to tell me that dad let us work for her mothers killer!" She yells and both Joe and I wince. Carly's scream is worse then a banshees. Or maybe she is the banshee.

"I had no idea Carly." I said standing and hugging her. I may seem like a dad to them, but I'm still their brother, no matter what they think of me. After a moment of hesitation she hugs me back. When she pulls away I see tear streaks. She quickly looks at Joe.

"Did you know any of this?" She questioned taking a threatening step towards him.

"No, I came into this when you guys moved out." Joe says holding his hands up. If we weren't in a bad situation I would've laughed at the sight in front of me. Joe, a huge black guy scared of little Carly, an innocent brunette.

"Carly, the only person who knew was dad." I say. She holds up her hand and shuts her eyes.

"Do not call him that. No father would ever put their children into this life." She said. I nodded and hugged her again.

"We need to find Caleigh." Joe says. Carly and I look at him and see him moving his arm, probably testing out his shoulders.

"If she's seen Morley, she's either being tortured or killed." I said and Carly winced. Those two could be more then half sisters. Carly is the only one who gets Caleigh to open up.

"I don't know which one I'd prefer." She mumbles, but I heard her.

"Or neither. He knows we're valuable assets, we'd never work for him if he killed our sister." I say to her. She looks up and nods. But if he won't kill her then I don't know how he plans to remedy this situation.

"Then what's he going to do? His whole reputation is built off of not being seen." Joe says. I nod, but my sister doesn't seem to compute. Her expression is puzzled, like she's deep in thought.

"What is it Car?" I ask. It seems that being addressed pulled her out of her trance.

"He has a son." She says. Joe and I both shoot her looks.

"How do you know that?" I ask. She looks at me and just shrugs.

"I just have a strange feeling, I know he has a son." She says. I look at Joe and he walks into the study.

"Their is no way you just know that, spill." I say and pull her to the couch. She sits down next to me, finally aware of her own surroundings.

"I almost felt as if I was Caleigh." She said holding her head. She grabs some Tylenol of off the table.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused. She swallowed the pills and looked at me.

"I knew what she felt, what she was thinking." Carly says standing up and going into the kitchen. I quickly follow her. I know to not ask too many questions, it might overwhelm her.

"There are studies of twins being able to communicate telepathically." I say trying to rationalize what she just said.

"Yeah but we have different mothers, and we are obviously not twins." She says getting a cup of water. She was right, even if that did exist, it happened in whole sisters.

"Well then what do you think happened?" I ask and leaned back against the counter.

"I don't know, but Caleigh was with Morley and his son." She said. It finally occurred to me, the thing I overlooked because Carly was talking nonsense.

"Carly, this means Caleigh is alive." I said standing up. Knowing my baby sister was at least alive was good enough for me.

"Oh my god you're right." She said putting down her glass. She looked at me and I stared right back. Then Joe runs into the room.

"She was right, there's a son." He said. I look at Carly and she begins to walk into the study.

"How did she know that?" Joe asks to her retreating form.

"I think she read Caleigh's mind." I say and begin to follow her.

Please vote if you enjoyed!