CHAPTER IX

Carson POV

We had been waiting for a day and a half and our father still hasn't shown up. Carly kept on telling us that he said he was going to show, but this hasn't been the first time he's disappointed. In fact, it hasn't even been the hundredth.

"He said he'd show." Carly said and sighed. I felt my eyes move over to my little sister. She ran a hand through her already messy hair. Neither of us have showered or slept since Cal got taken, but how could we. She had dark bags under her eyes and her hair was stringy. But mine was the same way.

"He's a bad ma-" I started, but was interrupted by the doorbell. Carly shot straight up and half ran to the door. She flung the door open and there he was, the man behind it all. My father. I walked up behind her, quick to rid my face of any emotions it may possess.

"Hello Carter." Carly said quickly and motioned him in. I hadn't seen him in around five years. In that time I had grown taller then him, and he went bald. My father was a short but built man. The only thing we had in common was our eyes, a deep brown. The only person who didn't have these eyes were Caliegh. Is Caliegh, she's still alive for now.

"Hello Carlina, hello Carson." He said, but his eyes never left mine. I was the first to break eye contact. I quickly went into the door frame of the office to get Joe. I looked in and saw him half asleep at the desk. He too, hasn't gotten any sleep since the incident.

"Dude, Carter is here." I said and Joe looked up from the computer. He had wide eyes.

"Carson come look at this." Normally I would've just gone to him without hesitation, but I really didn't want to leave Carly alone with Carter. But I went to him anyway, the look in his eyes told me it was important.

"What is it?" I ask looking at the computer screen. It looks like traffic camera feed. I immediately begin to think that maybe he found where they're keeping Cal.

"I couldn't find the exact location, but I ran the plate number, and the only thing I could get was that they are somewhere in Chicago." He said pointing to the black Sudan that was running across some of the screens.

"So they're still in the city." I said and Joe nodded. But I didn't say the rest that I already knew. That meant we could find them, Chicago is a big city, but we have friends scattered everywhere. Somebody could probably find something.

"Carson come here." Carly yelled from the living room. I immediately ran into the room relieved to find them only looking at one of my dad's yearbooks. I thought she was in danger.

"What did you find?" I ask coming around the back of the sofa and look over her shoulders. I still have barely talked to my dad. I see him glance at me but I keep my eyes firmly on the books.

"Morley, I was right, he's in the hardcover yearbooks." She said lifting the book and pointing at a young guy in the corner. He had thick brown hair, and he wasn't smiling.

"Can't erase yourself completely." I say and high five Carly. I quickly pass the book to Joe and point at Morley in the photo.

"His name isn't Joe Carson." My father says from the other side of the couch. We look at each other for the first time since I've been in this room.

"Then please, enlighten us jackass." I say and Carly quickly stomps of my foot. I only wince slightly. She's forgetting that he's the reason Cal is gone in the first place.

"His name is Marco Morley, and he used to be my friend." Our father said completely unfazed by what I said earlier. Carly's head snaps toward me and I just meet her gaze. how was I supposed to know the dude isn't who he says he is.

"And how do you know that?" Joe says still holding the book. I quickly grab it from his hand and look at the name under the picture. It says Joe.

"You think this is a joke you sick bastard. While you're here lying to us my baby sister, your daughter, is being tortured or killed because she knew something. I think the least you owe us is the truth for once!" I yell at him, but he doesn't even blink. He just stares at me. I feel Carly's hand placed on my shoulder trying to keep me calm.

"Carson calm down, I'm sure Carter has an explanation." She says turning to face our father. He still hasn't moved an inch, and he is still looking at me.

"Yeah, you need to start talking, right now!" I said growling. Carly pushed me back a step, but that was as far as I'd go. I will not miss an opportunity to kill this man. This man whom I used to look up too.

"We used to be best friends back in the day." He said finally letting his head drop into his hand. This doesn't make any sense.

"Then where did Joe come from?" Carly asked loosening her grip on my arm a bit now that he was talking to us.

"His middle name was Joseph." He said looking back up at me and Carly. "I'm sorry your sister got taken, but there's nothing I can do." Bullshit.

"Where have you been? Carly talked to you yesterday morning." I said calming down a bit.

"I had business to settle." He said shortly, before standing up and leaving the room.

"Something is up with him." Joe said, and I couldn't agree more.

Please vote if you enjoyed!