Chapter XVIII

Carson POV

"Hey Carson, I think I got something!" Joe yelled from the office. I was in the kitchen answering phone calls from the police, and saying the same thing over and over again. I have no idea who they were. I stand up and quickly walk to the office.

"What is it?" I ask tiredly. Joe and I combined have gotten close to three hours of sleep these past few days.

"I think I might have found what car they used to kidnap Carly." He said and I ran behind him to look at the screen.

"How I thought they got rid of all the camera footage?" I asked. We weren't stupid, we had made sure to hack the cameras earlier and check.

"But this wasn't from a street camera, your buddy sent it over." Joe said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Do you mean West?" I asked. Sure he had been helpful in getting a little more info, but I never thought he'd help this much.

"Yeah that's the one. He put a camera outside his restaurant right after you came to see him." Joe said looking at me. I really don't like the feel of this. I mean, West is my friend, but he is also a coward.

"Why does it matter, it's one camera?" I asked and Joe smiled at me. A genuine smile.

"Because it stopped there, at the bar." He said and I ran out of the office. Joe grabbed the car keys and out we went.

"This gives me a bad feeling." I said once we started driving. Joe looks at me from the drivers seat.

"Even if it is a trap I saw them take Carly out. At least we will be going to them." He said logically.

"Yeah but what if her and Carly are separate. There has got to be over a hundred men there." I countered and Joe just shrugged.

"Why are we just assuming this is a trap? He questioned me.

"Because nothing is ever this easy." I said. I have lived in this mob world for my entire life. Whether it was working for my dad or to support the family he had left. With all of my experience not once had a job been simple. There was always a check, like the last job with Carly. I knew it was strange that he had sent us on a simple job. Sure enough it was just a ploy to get us out of the house and get Carly.

That's when it hit me. When Carly was taken, I was conveniently out of the house. After all, I wasn't the one that reached out to West, he had reached out to me. He said he had some info that could help me, but all he had given me was a status and Cal and how many men there were. I don't define that as groundbreaking info, or even helpful info. He didn't just drag me all the way to the city to tell me that.

He wanted me gone.

"Joe we need to go back." I said and he shot me a confused look. Not once did he stop or turn the car around.

"No way dude, we've gotten this close." He said and I fought to come up with a response. Then I got an idea.

"We will go back, call some of my friends up and go together." I said hoping that he'd just listen to me.

"What, you think we are not strong enough to handle a couple of trainees?" He teased, but I didn't laugh. I think it was starting to occur to him that I was upset.

"Joe we need to turn around, now!" I said and he started to slow down.

"What is wrong with you?" He asked as he started pulling into the left lane to make a U-turn. I hoped.

"It is way to easy. Something is up." I said looking around. I looked further up the block and I could see the bar a little ways up ahead. Nothing looked suspicious, but I'm not going to risk it, not when Joe is with me.

"So you are backing out on a hunch?" He asked. He was getting agitated, I know he loves the girls as much as me, but we are no good to them dead. The light turns green and he starts to pull around the curb to go back.

"Both times the girls were taken I was lured out of the house by Morley or one of his associates." I explained and Joe nodded. I was relieved he still wasn't mad at me.

"So you think West is connected to Morley? That he's helping him?" Joe asked.

"West has always been a coward. Morley might be holding someone hostage." I explained. The kids a coward, but he really does owe me a lot. I don't think he would betray me willingly.

"Did you tell him where the safe house was?" Joe suddenly asked.

"No, I have no idea how they got that info. It was only the family that knew." I said then fear flashed across his eyes.

"Maybe someone in the family told him." He said letting me piece together the pieces. I know what he is suggesting, and the thought alone makes me want to turn the car around and shoot every man in there. I'm about to tell him to go back to the bar, but I hear Joe yell my name, and it all goes black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wake up sleepy head." Someone taunts me. I shake my head and realize I'm tied down to a chair. I open my eyes to see a huge room and Joe sitting across from me already awake. They must have hit my side of the car and that's why I didn't see anything.

In front of me stands a middle aged man. But what draws my attention is the young guy behind him. I start to notice similarities between the two and it pieces together. Here is Morley and his dumb ass son.

"And to think we were going to move you unconscious." The younger one says and walks over, and starts to untie me. Before I can even think of a plan Morley reads me.

"If you try anything I will not hesitate to harm Caleigh. She has been nothing more then a pain in my ass these past few days." He said in a heavy Italian accent. I smile at the thought of Caleigh annoying the crap out of them. It is what she's best at.

They stand me up along with Joe, who I just saw was never tied down. They only walk us down a hallway and into the room. As soon as it opens I see two girls in cages.

All I hear is their screams when someone pokes me, and I'm out like a light.

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed!