Chapter XIX

Caleigh POV

"Do you think he's alright?" I asked. It had been a couple of hours since Marco's stupid bad guy line. Nothing changes, so either they weren't found or they were dead.

"Do you think that Joe and Carson would go down that easy?" She said adding a chuckle. But I knew she was worried. Why wouldn't she be?

"I know but still-"

"Where did they go?" Marco yells slamming the door open. He also interrupted me, jerk. He lifts me out of the cage I was in and puts me back in my favorite chair. I better not die in this chair. I don't want the chair to win. Stupid chair.

"I think you need to work on your etiquette Marco. You interrupted me." I said harshly, fighting back the smile. They escaped. I looked at Carly and saw her mirroring my expression.

"Shut up bitch, where did they run off to?" He asked again. Not even I know where they would go. The only place I could think of is the house.

"You didn't say please." I stated after a minute of thinking.

"I know you know where they are hiding!" He yells and backhands me across the face. Great, he actually thinks I know where they went.

"Don't you dare hurt her dumb ass!" Carly yells from her place on the ground. I look down at her and nod.

"You, dumb one, you know where they are." Marco spits in her face, but she barely flinches. She doesn't nod or shake her head. She doesn't do anything. He bangs his fists down on her cage, like Godzilla or something.

"Please, neither of us know." I say spitting out some of the blood in my mouth. I'm going to need some serious dental work after this.

"I bet you have some clue." He said a tad more patiently this time. With his tantrum over, his face turns back into a stoic expression and he crosses his arms over his chest.

"Why don't you ask your bestie, I'm sure he has an idea." Carly said sarcastically. She's good at this, even being as smart as I am I can't tell if she knows or not.

"You mean your father?" He asks turning so he is completely facing her. She rolls her eyes dramatically.

"Who else, Ryan Reynolds?" She questions and I choke back a laugh. Marco gives me a sharp look and I raise my hands in surrender.

Then he just starts backing out of the room. His eyes never really focused on a spot, they just became dazed. Then he snaps them up to me, and he grins. It is the most malicious grin I have ever seen.

"I have a plan, plan, plan." He starts chanting before finally exiting the room. He picks me up and puts me back in the cage.

He was acting like a mad man. I look over to Carly to see if she is alright, and see her mimicking him. Her mouth in an exaggerated scowl repeating plan over and over again. It is the first time I've laughed in a couple days.

"So Carly, any clue what his plan, plan, plan is?" I said giggling and she bursts into laughter.

"There is no way he could set up a trap that Carson would fall for." She said seriously, but letting the smile remain on her face. That is something I agreed with completely.

"You are right, he is way too smart." I said but I couldn't help but worry a tad bit. I mean, this isn't like the time I lied about going on a date, this is our lives at risk. I don't know how much that thought would cloud his mind.

"Joe might though." She said, obviously thinking the same thoughts as I am. I nodded, Joe most definitely would crack under the pressure, and do whatever it takes to get us back.

"But he allows follows Carson, so if Carson suspects something he'll follow en suite, right?" I asked and Carly shrugged.

"I have no idea. That has been true for the most part up until now. I have no clue how Carson and him are going to act with this weight on their shoulders." She said, and that made me worry more. If no one sensible is controlling them, they might shoot up the city. Then they'll be in jail and this stupid chair is going to win!

"We need to think a way out of here, just in case." I said and Carly nodded.

"That is what I have been trying to do this whole time, but I don't have anything. Even if we manage to get out of this room, there will be a lot of big men out there and we're unarmed." She said sadly. She was right, Carson and Joe were our only hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the sound of men cheering and yelling. I went to sleep after Carly and I talked about the situation, realizing our rescue wouldn't be anytime soon. When I first heard the yelling, I thought it was from fear. I was so sure Carson was here.

But listening to it, it's from joy. From cheering someone on. I have only one idea for why they could be cheering, but I am frantically shoving it to the back of my mind. I can't bear to think about those thoughts.

"Do you know why they're cheering?" Carly asked looking at me. I look at her but now there is a cage between us. I look behind me to see another cage, both of which are larger then ours.

"I have an idea, but you are not going to like it." I said, then the cheering suddenly stopped, and silence rang around the room. It hung like a heavy blanket that could not be lifted.

"What's happening?" She asked quietly. But I didn't answer. I couldn't force the words from my lips. I suddenly felt mute, like there was something physical blocking me from using my voice. Then the door slammed open, and my worst fears were realized.

"Carson!" I yelled before I could stop myself. I looked at him, and through Carly's yelling I took in his appearance. He was busted up, along with Joe who was right behind him.

And to the loud melody of Carly's screaming, they jabbed a syringe into both their necks and they were out shortly after that.

I looked from left to right, from Joe to Carson.

How did this happen?

Please vote if you enjoyed!