Chapter XXI

Caleigh POV

As soon as he comes in I know what is about to happen. I know I'll end up being hurt in some form of way. And by her expression, Carly knows too. But I don't get why, before it was so they could find out where Carson and Joe were hiding. But both of them are here.

"Do you finally get to kill me?" I ask. I see Carson shoot me a glare but I just ignore him. Maybe one day I'll tell him about all the times I've wished for death within these past few days.

"Sadly no." He growled. Jake was a huge malicious bear, who was willing to anything to get to the honey. In this analogy, my death is the honey. So, me being the smartest person in the world, I decide to poke the bear.

"Why, you can't get enough of me?" I say with a confident smirk. Good thing Carson taught me how to mask emotions, Jake doesn't know how terrified I am.

"Believe me, yesterday should have been enough proof of how much I want to kill you." He mumbled just loud enough for everyone to hear. Carly winced, but the boys looked confused. I really wanted to keep yesterday a secret.

"So what is keeping me alive? Big 'ol daddio putting his fist down?" I ask. I know I am being irritating but I really can't help it. At this point I have lost all self control.

"The reasons for keeping you alive are so stupid. I just want to jam this knife through your chest and watch you bleed." He gritted moving his face closer to mine.

"Watch it mate." Carson said finally becoming to angry to not say anything. Jake just turns and smirks at my brother. 

"Your sister has a fairly high pain tolerance. She went around three hours without giving up your hiding spot. Most people only last ten minutes. She must get it from you." He said laughing. Wow, this guy is asking for a death wish.

"Jake stop this." Carly says clearly trying to prolong the inevitable. But I'm afraid she just made the wait time of anticipation much shorter than originally scheduled. 

"Why, like I said, she has been through it all before. Do you beat her Carson? Did your father?" He snarls. Carson just hits the cage and growls at him.

"You better shut your mouth." Carson replied angrily. Throughout all of this Joe hasn't said anything, but he does look pissed.

"I mean it would explain her not breaking for so long, I literally had to rip out nails to get her to-"

"I said shut up!" Carson yelled cutting him off. I know it was killing him not being able to help me, I just hope he knows this isn't his fault.

"Maybe we should start this off just like how we did last time?" He asks and walks over to the desk. Only Carly can be prepared for what happens next.

"Please Jake stop. We will do anything for Marco just stop hurting her!" Carly cries, when I look at her she is in physical pain. It begins to hurt me slightly.

"Carly it will be okay, I promise. I can handle it." I said, only slightly lying. Jake just laughs at that.

"Yeah Carly, that's exactly what she said last time. I will admit, you handled it better than most. But I wouldn't call your screams handling it." Jake says and I flinch. Carson and Joe are on edge as Jake picks up the knife. They obviously haven't had time to clean it. The rust colored brown still taints the blade. Not like Jake is too overly concerned with hygienics.

"Be ready." I said looking at Carson who finally begun to understand what was about to happen. 

"Oh please Caleigh, nothing will ever make him ready." Jake said as he jabbed the knife into my uninjured thigh. I just moaned, the only thing I could do to hold back the scream that threatened to escape me.

"Jake stop. We will keep working for you just stop!" Carly yelled. I felt bad for my sister, she shouldn't have to go through this once, let alone twice. 

"Nope, that's not why you're being left alive. My father has over a hundred men, do you seriously think he cares that much about two of them. Give me a break." Jake snorts as he slowly slices my stomach. All I can do is squeeze my eyes shut. He may have heard me scream before, but I refuse to scream in front of Carson, I can't do that to him.

"Then what do you want? Stop we will do anything!" Carson says pleading. He is in anguish, but I also see the anger rising. Then suddenly I have an idea. When Carson gets super mad, he gets adrenaline high. Usually that version of Carson scares me, but he is the one I need right now.

Jake jams the knife through my hand and I shriek. Louder then I did before. I can tell that it throws Jake off, it wasn't my original intent, but it still gives me gratification.

"Jake stop!" Carson says, I see less pain and more anger. I think one more will do the trick. As Jake is laughing in victory, he doesn't realize he is pushing it too much. 

But no matter how much I tried to prepare for the pain, it didn't work. This time the scream was real as Jake jammed the knife into my shoulder. I felt the blade hit the chair I was sitting in. I also continued screaming as he slowly pulled it back out. 

I felt the tears run down my face. Jake was just laughing, thinking he had complete control over me. Carly was crying, I know she wants to look away, but she forces herself to watch. Joe is shaking the cage, trying everything and anything to get out. 

But my brother, he just sits there with his head hung low. I know now that my plan had worked. All the pain and grief he felt turned into straight anger.

"What's wrong Carson, cat got your tongue? I could cut out Caleigh's for you if you wish?" He taunts and I just whimper. For god's sake this better work. 

Carson looks up, his eyes are blood shot and red. His teeth are clenched so hard I'm surprised they aren't cracking from the pressure. 

I know I won when Carson breaks off the top of the cage.

Please vote if you enjoyed!