Chapter XVI

Carson POV

Joe and I quickly grabbed what we needed and bolted. The realization that Morley has both of my sisters was a wake up call. There was no reason for him to need Carly unless we were getting close.

So after I realized things weren't going to end well if we stayed in the house, we went to Joe's old place before he met Carter and was hired to watch us.

We pull in and my phone starts going off. I recognize the text sound as Caleighs and practically rip it out of my pocket.

"Was that Cal's tone I heard?" Joe asks from the passenger seat, we still haven't gotten out of the car.

"Yeah but she didn't send this message." I said studying the text carefully.

"How do you know?" Joe asks accusing.

"First of all she doesn't use punctuations" I say and Joe nods.

"What does it say." He asks and I read it again.

"Carter, I'm free, go home, if I'm follower shoot first have no sympathy...". I trail off. Joe looks at me.

"Hey dude what's up?" He asks. As soon as I said it out loud it rang a bell.

"Yeah just something about it is bugging me." I said leaning back in my seat.

"You sound like Carter a bit, just younger." He says and starts to get out of the car. That's when it clicks, it all clicks.

I jump out of the car and run to the trunk. I pop it open and grab one of the extra burner phones we bought earlier.

"Carson what's wrong?" Joe asks but I don't respond. I dial Cal's number and I hear it begin to ring. After the third ring a voice answers on the other side.

"Hello?" I hear it and I know. I quickly hang up and face Joe. He just looks confused, debating whether to stare at me or the phone.

"Who'd you call man?" He asks freaking out a bit. I would be to if he just started running around like a maniac.

"Caleigh." I said grabbing my bag and walking in the house. I have regained my composure but on the inside my brain is flipping, trying to wrap itself around this new fact.

"Why, where did that get you?" He asks and I face him.

"Carter is a mole." I said and Joe just looks at me.

"How do you know?" He said quietly. Unlike Carters children, Joe has no beef with him. He even admitted he doesn't hate the guy. Well, he probably will now.

"Well, for one thing West said we had a mole..." I say and Joe starts freaking out.

"And you didn't think this info is useful!" He shouts at me slamming the door shut.

"Second, that line, shoot first have no sympathy, he said it to me one time." I said ignoring his earlier comment. Before he could blow up again we hear a loud knock at the door. Joe looks through the peephole and opens the door.

"Hello Mrs. Hellsforth." He says tiredly. I walk out to see an 80 year old woman standing at our doorstep. I also don't fail to notice the spatula in her hand.

"Joseph, what is with all this racket?" She yells pretty loudly for a little old lady. She peeks around Joe's figure to stare at me.

"Sorry, just a little spat." I say and she glares at me. I walk toward the door and study her.

"What are you two, married?" She asks us. I almost burst into laughter until Joe puts his arm around me.

"Yes Mrs Hellsforth, for two months now." He says adding a bit of femininity to his voice. I am chocking back the vomit.

"Well you two make a lovely couple." She said sweeter then before. I might vomit all over her Sunday best.

"Thanks and goodnight ma'am." I say as confidently as possible. Joe shits the door and I just glare at him.

"What?" He asks completely innocently.

"Anything you want to tell me?" I poke fun at him. He just rolls his eyes and we hear another knock at the door.

Joe quickly swings the door open, and proceeds to get hit with the butt of a gun. The men come in and tackle me to the ground.

I quickly recover and roll over, barely dodging the kick meant for my head. Three guys wearing S.W.A.T. uniforms enter the small house. I have no idea how they found us, I thought Joe said no one knew where this house was.

Joe stands up with one eye shut. I see the blood from his head wound is dripping into his eye, blinding him. He glances t me and shrugs, he is just as confused as I am.

I am pulled out of my thoughts when the man who tackled me charges. I dodge him and he runs into the wall. How did these men grab Carly, or even Caleigh for that matter. Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder, and I fall. Right, the guns.

I see Joe dive behind the couch, and I plant myself behind a counter. I can barely hear the shots going off, and I remember Joe mentioning that they had silencers when they took Cal. I hope they didn't shoot Carly.

"Come out with your hands up!" One of them yells, and I scoff. They almost sound like real policemen.

"Make this easier for yourself." Another says. I'm a crew and they know that. We don't go down easy, I've never even gone down. I'm not about to either. I pull my gun from the back of my jeans. I hope Joe gets the memo that once I fire, we need to run for it.

I stand up and quickly shoot down the two men closest to me. The third points his piece at me but is quickly shot down by Joe. I don't even have time to thank him because we sprint as fast as we can out of that house. But we don't even get five feet before the old lady is back. She looks at my shoulder and her eyes widen.

"Young man, what happened?" She asks looking past us into the absolutely wrecked house. I look at Joe and see him holding his side. He raises his eyebrows as if to say this is all yours.

"I don't know miss, they just came in and started shooting us, I need to get my husband to the hospital." I said frantically. I ushered Joe in the car and I see her pulling out her phone.

The last thing I hear before I shut the car door is her complaining about police brutality, and dialing 911 (999).

Please vote if you enjoyed!