9.

It's weird the way life works out. The universe really tries to throw stuff at you that you're not expecting at all. After talking with Tre the rest of my time at the center was filled with meetings and paperwork. As soon I left the center, I instantly had a feeling that something bad was going to happen. I drove to TJMaxx, and the feeling went away a little.

I felt better once I was shopping. I found most of the stuff that I wanted to buy. Mainly decor for my room. William is a very sophisticated person and the decor I envisioned I have to get from Society6. I go to the checkout line. I feel eyes on me and when I turn around people are surely staring at me. There's a rack of sunglasses next to me. I pick one and place it on the conveyer belt. The cashier rings out my items. She stares at me like she recognizes me from somewhere.

I turn my head before she may recognize me. I pull my hair out of my bun and it falls down past my shoulders. She finishes bagging my stuff and I quickly pay.

"Hey aren't you-" I grab my receipt, put my sunglasses on and dash out of the store. I put my bags in my car but don't get in the car. It's late and I won't have any time to make dinner when I get back. I walk across the street to the Starbucks. I get a sandwich and my favorite drink, Passionfruit Tea Lemonade.

Thankfully, I didn't get any stares while I'm inside Starbucks. I exit the doors and I see a bunch of paparazzi outside of TJMaxx. There were not there before. Someone must've taken a picture of me while I was inside of TJMaxx. I have to walk past them to get to the parking lot. I keep my head low and walk across the street. Out of my peripheral, I see one of the photographers turn their head my way.

"Hey that's her!" They all simultaneously congregate to me. They make one big circle around me and keep snapping pictures. I'm going to be seeing stars for days after this.

"Emani, can you give any news about the wedding?"

"Is your relationship strong with bachelor William Harrington?"

"There have been videos popping up of William partying with other models while engaged to you, what do you have to say about that?"

The questions keep coming and I I ignore all of them and keep walking.

"Mani, how did you and Mr. Harrington meet at Georgetown?" My feet come to a stop. The paparazzi don't question why I stopped. I stopped because of that voice. I know that voice inside and out. Of course, my ears could pick out that voice in this crowd. I search around to see where it came from.

Then I see him.

Nightmare in the form of a man.

He's gotten taller and buffer since last time. He knows he's caught my attention because he does our secret handshake and then walks away. That small gesture was able to leave me in shambles right there in the parking lot. He could always break me in a matter of seconds without even saying a word.

After he's out of my sight, I quicken my pace to my car. The paparazzi still surround my car as I'm inside. I try not to hit any of them because that would not be good for William. Finally, I get out of the parking lot and drive off. I get home in one piece. I don't hear anyone in the house so I decide to hang up some of the decors now. My hands are trembling with fear and the image of seeing him is tattoed in my brain. I pull out my phone and check my calendar. I have the date saved on my phone. It was a week ago. He's been out for a whole week.

It's okay Emani, he can't come near you.

But he easily did today. My heart is racing and I take a few deep breaths. I keep myself occupied and decorate my room. It takes me about an hour to find the perfect spot for everything. My most prized possession that I bought is the big canvas print hanging above my desk. I change out of my clothes and do my night routine.

I lay down on my bed and stare up at the wall. It felt like hours of just staring up at the wall. Today replaying in a loop in my head. I shift sides on my bed. My pillow feels wet. I feel it with my hands and it is wet. It's stained with the tears I hadn't even realized I was shedding. Realizing that I was crying makes me cry silently even more. Soon enough I cry myself to sleep

No, no, no!

"Emani!"

A loud voice shoots me awake. My eyes go into vision and find William straddling me.

"William, what the hell?" I ask.

"You were screaming and kicking in your sleep." He sighs.

"I was?"

"Yes. Do you wanna talk about what has got you so rattled up that you have a nightmare about?" I shake my head. "Good because I am too tired and I wouldn't have been fully listening." He gets off of me and lays next to me. William takes me by surprise and pulls me closer to him. He wraps his arm around my waist. Our body heats radiating off of each other.

"William what are you-"

"Just shut up and go to sleep."

"But Willi-"

"Shhhh," He says. "Sleep." I obediently stay quiet. "I like the paintings you put up in the house and prints you put up in the house." He whispers as he moves his head closer. A smile creeps across my face.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome now go to sleep Emani." I close my eyes still smiling. For the first time in a long time, I felt safe in a mans' arms.