28.

E M A N I

I shut the door behind me and lock it. Before I can even take two steps William is coming towards me. His hair is disheveled which means he's probably been running his hand through hair. He's probably been pacing back and forth as well.

"It's about time." He says.

"Hello to you Mr. Harrington." I drop my things on the kitchen counter. I go to the fridge for a bottle of water.

Will follows behind me. "How was it? Did he try anything? Did he put his hands on you?"

"No, he was a complete gentleman." William huffs. "Didn't know you cared so much," I smirk while sipping my water.

"I don't trust Diego that's all." William eyes my attire and clicks his tongue. He doesn't say anything but I know that he disapproves of my outfit. I'm in a black mesh shirt with a red bra underneath and high waisted leggings.

I put my hand on top of William's. "I'm here and I'm ok, okay?" He nods his head but there's still something gnawing at him.

"Who's Lila?" I suddenly remember the last thing Diego said to me.

William whips his head to me. "What?" He fully heard what I said.

"Diego told me to tell you to thank Lila for the pictures," I say. "So who is Lila?"

All the blood escapes from William's face.  "Emani."

I sigh. "Is it another White Bitch?"

W I L L I A M

Even when I think it's behind me, it never truly is.

"C'mon lets sit down," I guide her towards the living room couch.

F L A S H B A C K

"Will, your Grandpa is ready for you in his office," I mutter a thank you to the secretary. I walk past her but I turn my head to stare at her rear. She's standing over desk organizing papers. Her legs cross in her pencil skirt as she's doing so. I hear a cough and see my Grandfather staring at me with his arms folded. I straighten my shirt and follow him into his office.

"Don't even think about it." He says after he closes the door, referring to his secretary.

"I was just admiring the view." I stuff my hands inside my pocket.

"Will, what am I going to do with you?" He chuckles. "How's it feel being back home after college?"

"Boring," I say. It's been 5 months post graduation and 7 months post-Sarah and I's breakup. The breakup was mutual. 

"Have you gotten accustomed to the area?"

"I mean yeah, but it's only temporary."

"Why is that?" I roll my eyes, we've been over this multiple. "Remember I'm going to Europe to start my new job."

Grandpa rubs his temples the same way Dad does. "I thought we agreed that you would work under your father and me,"