13.

It's been three whole weeks since Emani and I had our first fight. She's been avoiding me since that night and rarely speaks to me when I do see her. Today we're playing golf with a potential donor. Phoenix didn't tell me who the person we're meeting is. Phoenix also mentioned that he didn't arrange the meeting but my father did.

I check my time. "Emani let's go," She appears at the top of the staircase and grudgingly makes her way down. She is in black pants and a purple polo shirt. Her hair is tied back in a low ponytail with a white nike baseball cap.

"If this isn't the whitest thing I've ever done." She comments under her breath but I heard her. She follows me to my car. The car ride is quiet on purpose because of Emani and it's making me uncomfortable.

"Is purple your favorite color?" I glance at her.

She sighs and looks at the window. "No William." She only gives me one-two worded answers whenever we talk.

I tap on the steering wheel. I hate how awkward I'm making this. "Then what is?" She ignores me and turns on the radio on.

We make it to the country club and go to the golf course. I spot Phoenix and my father and we walk over to them. I give Phoenix a fist bump and my father a handshake.

"Hi Dad." I say with a lack of enthusiasm.

He nods at me. "Hello son." He smiles down at Emani. "Hi Emani, how are you?"

She fakes a smile. "Good Mr. Harrington, how are you?"

"Well, thank you." Dad puts an arm around my shoulder as we're walking. "So you're meeting with Mr. Isaac Marple. He runs a big tech company down at FiDi, so it's important that we get his endorsement." I nod my head but my ears pick up on the conversation behind me.

"Emani, how are you mi amor?"

"Good, Phoenix, a little tired."

"How are you dealing with the big bad wolf?"

"Who William?" Emani laughs. "Why do you call him the big bad wolf?" I can't hear what Phoenix says but whatever it was made Emani laugh even harder. I try to turn around but my father's hand still on my shoulder spins me to my original postition.

"Emani, have you spoken to Jasmine at all?" I hear Phoenix ask. I know the differences in his tones and this one is sincere, something Phoenix rarely reveals.

"Not recently why?"

"She hasn't been returning my calls."

I see a brown haired man with a short blonde women. Emani ends up next by my side and I glance at her. She still has a smile on her lips.

"William and Emani this is Isaac Marple and his wife Claire Marple." My father says. " Isaac and Claire this is my son Willliam and his wife Emani." We exchange our shake of hands and hellos.

"Well I'll leave you all too it. William don't be afraid to beat Isaac a few times." We all laugh as my father and Phoenix walk away.

"So Emani have you ever golfed before?" Claire asks with a smile.

Emani shakes her head. "No this will be my first time."

"But don't let that fool you," I interrupt and place a hand on Emani's back. "Emani's a fast learner and she'll know the game better than you before you even realise it." Only I noticed the change in Emani's mood and the fake smile she put on.

"I think I can handle her." Claire and Emani walk together in a different direction.

"Don't tell me you're gonna let me win right?" Issac says.