20.

Double Update today enjoy ;)

E M A N I

"Aw this is so cute." A flash of light blinds my eyes as I blink them open.

"Oops sorry sleeping beauty." My vision readjusts and I see Phoenix at the corner.

"Phoenix what time is it?" My voice slightly groggy.

"Almost 4." He answers.

"Oh, 4 pm?"

"No 4 am."

"What? We've been here for that long?" I rub my eyes.

"Yeah, the Harringtons wanted William to stay in here for a while longer to make sure he was okay."

I look around the room. "Are they here?"

Phoenix shakes his head. "No, they haven't come yet?"

How can a family request to have William stay longer when they haven't even their son?

"This picture is really cute. You two look really booed up." I look at Phoenix weirdly. "Jasmine taught me that word, did I use it wrong?" A worried expression appears on his face.

I shake my head and take my phone from his hands. I stare at the picture. I didn't even know I was sleeping like that. William has his arm around me as I'm curled up to his chest. You can see the 'Harrington for Governor' wristband on my wrist. I look back at him and he's still sleeping.

"Shouldn't the sedatives have worn off by now?"

Phoenix scratches the back of his head. "Yeah, I was going to talk to nurses about that."

"I'm going to go now Phoenix." I grab my stuff and William's bag.

"Really?"

I bite my bottom lip. "Yeah, I need to take a shower and stuff."

"Okay, I'm going to go talk to the doctors. Thanks for staying with him Emani."

"No problem" I look back at William. I stare down at the picture then back at William. I exit out of the photos app and go onto my Instagram.

♠️♠️♠️

W I L L I A M

I wake up again and the smell of strawberries and coconuts are gone. It must've been a dream. I glance at the bed and notice the other half of the bed is wrinkled. Someone must've been here. It probably was Sarah.

"Oh thank god you're okay." I turn and Sarah rushes towards me. She engulfs me in a hug before I can respond.

"Hey babe," I pat her on the back. "What time is it?"

"5 pm"

"What?"

"The doctors believe it was just your body trying to recover from all the lack of sleep. Why didn't you tell me you were having trouble sleeping." She looks at me with concerned eyes.

"Where are Phoenix and my parents?" They're outside waiting.

"They're in the waiting room. I'm going to go let them know that you're awake." Sarah gets up and turns to the door.

"Where's Emani?" Her body comes to a halt. "She's not here." Sarah continues walking.

She didn't come.

♠️♠️♠️

E M A N I

Phoenix texted me that they were fifteen minutes away. I spent the whole day making sure everything was okay for William's return. I finished cooking ten minutes ago. The hospital food isn't world class. Berta helped me with the cleaning and she's pretty sweet. I hear the door open.