32.

E M A N I

Chocolate waffles and a strawberry banana smoothie sounds really good right now. I wonder if Will is up yet. It's awfully quiet in the house so he's probably still asleep. Maybe I can surprise him with breakfast. I get excited and walk faster to the kitchen to get to cooking. A high pitched giggle catches my ear. My feet stop moving as I see Will laughing with and a woman's back towards me. Will sees me and his head perks up.

"Oh hey Good morning Emani." I look in between the woman and William. I try to measure their close proximity. She leans subtly closer into Will and the top buttons of her loose fitting button up aren't buttoned, giving full viewing of her cleavage. Will's eyes have been focused on me but that doesn't mean they weren't on her rack before I came. I spin on my heels without saying a word and rapidly rush back to my room. I shut the door behind me and lock it for added protection. I dial Jasmine's number.

"Pick up pick up pick up pick up" I yell into the phone.

"Hell-"

"Jasminethere'salightskininmykitchen."

"Huh?"

"There's a lightskin in my kitchen," I repeat myself slower this time.

"E I thought we were over the colorism phase." She complains.

"As long as colorism exists so does my colorism phase," I respond.

"Okay, so what's going on?"

"I walk into the kitchen and I see William in an engaging conversation with this lightskin woman."

"As a fellow lightskin I feel personally victimized and generalized, not all lightskins are bad." Jasmine says with hurt feigned her voice.

"Jazz she had boobs and a butt, green eyes and honey blonde hair."

"Oh, we've got a problem." I hear shifting on her end and footsteps. "Lightskins with boobs and abutt don't know how to act."

I fall back on my bed. "What do I do Jazz?"

Jasmine starts laughing. "Phoenix stop-I'm coming back to bed I promise." She laughs again. "Stop tickling me I'm on the phone-Okay sorry E I'm back. "

I sigh. "Young love."

"Show that bitch in there who has the ring on her finger and has Harrington in her last name," Jasmine says. "When in doubt just call Sarah and all hell will break loose. Okay, I gotta go bye I love you."

"By-" The line goes dead. What Jasmine said was right though. I can do this, but I will need backup.

A lightskin woman is in the kitchen with Will

Sarah replies in a matter of seconds. I know who you're talking about. I'm on my way.

I look around my room for something to wear. I smile at my outfit that's on my bed. Oh, I'm going to get into so much trouble.

♠️♠️♠️

W I L L I A M

"I like this person."

"Yeah me too." I move them to a pile on the right. "Almost there." I say with a grin at Jasmine.

"Ye-" Her eyes widen past me. I look behind me and my stomach drops. Emani brushes past us without acknowledging us. She's in tight high-waisted color block leggings, sneakers, a cropped hoodie that shows her red sports bra and a black Nike hat with her hair tied back in a ponytail.I politely smile at Marielle before walking up to Emani at the sink. She's washing fruit and humming to herself.