Chapter 18

Percy's PoV

Artemis stormed out the tent and I stood there dumbstruck, what did I do? I loved her? Did I? I hit my stupid head and thought about what I said. I opened up to her with much difficulty, I knew that it would take me different strengths for me to open up. Why? Why the fuck did have to be Artemis? She would of never been able to be with me. I need to apologise.

I put one foot in front of the other and emerged out in the fresh air, I saw the world spin and I felt my heart shatter. Why?
"I told you young hero, you're always alone, no matter what happens,"
"I am always alone," I muttered
"No one loves you, you just a mere pawn in their game,"
"No one loved me," I agreed
"That's right, fight them, they are the enemy,"
"No, I can not even if they are the enemy," I shouted.
"Percy? What are-" Thalia emerged from her tent and I threw a shield over her and where the rest of the tents were. They will not interrupt this fight.

I heard Thalia scream but I didn't budge. No one tells me to hurt my friends. No one does.
"You!" I bellowed, I bared my swords.

3rd PoV is no one specifically

Percy growled at no one in specific, he clenched his teeth as if someone was speaking to him and making him mad. Thalia threw herself again and again onto the shield. More and more hunters emerged from their tents to see what Thalia was screaming about.

Percy jumped and did a 180 in midair as if he was fighting someone but there was no one to be seen that he was fighting.

Artemis finally came out of her tent and looked around to see Thalia.
"What is this?" She asked
"Milady, Percy's fighting someone but there's no one there, he's going mad," Atlanta said to Artemis. All Artemis did was nod.
"Thalia, Come here," Artemis ordered
"No! He needs help!" She sobbed
"Now!" Artemis ordered and Thalia turned and glared at Artemis so hard.
"Why? He needs someone and you don't care do you? I'm here to help him! You should help him too! No matter what you feel towards him! Hatred! Love! Pity! I don't care! You need to help him!" Thalia begged
"I don't care for him, nothing is in my heart right now, this is his fight, we can watch him if you wish," Artemis mocked a bow to Thalia

Artemis snapped her fingers and logs appeared for all the hunters to watch, Thalia didn't sit. She started to pace around and then unclenched her hands then clenched them again. Her mouth moved as if she was cursing someone. (Bit obvious, Artemis😉)

Artemis curiously watched Thalia pace up and down but on the inside she was dying herself to go up and help Percy. It was in her eyes, she really cared for Percy but if she got too close then it would hurt her too much and she couldn't bare to lose Percy.

Percy's rage that someone would dare to even mention him killing his friends was now on the surface. He twisted and slashed but stopped midway and turned the pushed SilverLight upwards but the image dodged as if it knew what he was gonna do. Percy screamed a battle cry and caught eye with Thalia for a second. She begged him to stop but he just shook his head.

Percy threw both his sword up at the same time and then slid down underneath the image. His trident fell down upon the image but last second the image danced away. It was mocking him.

It was a good move but useless against no one.

Percy struck Guardian of the End down on the floor causing small gisasses of water to splash up.

Percy finally gave up and knelt on the floor, this was the last move he had.
"End it," he said putting his head down

Artemis curiously moved towards the shield, she showed that she was curious but on the inside she was gonna die if she didn't do anything. She put her hand against the shield and stared at Percy.

The image fluttered and moved towards him, slowly it drew a weapon and sliced downward.

Artemis and Thalia cried out at the sudden weapon that they had seen and then looked at each other.

It was too late.

Percy threw his hand up and the trident flew into his hand and punctured through the image. He looked up and smirked.
"That teaches you to mess with my head," he growled
"I never messed with your head, this was to see what limits you would go to save yourself," the voice returned "Notice that you didn't try, you've lost your self respect, but when I tried to attack your friends you stopped, your loyalty is far too much,"
"Who are you?" Percy asked
"The shadow lord, you will need me to win the war against End and Destruction," the explained
"Where will I find you?" Percy asked looking around
"That is your mission," the voice disappeared

The shield suddenly dropped and Percy turned and scanned the lot of hunters that were looking at him expectantly.
"What?" He asked
"You were fighting no one," Lucy said one of the younger hunters
"No! Do not tell them! Artemis will know and Thalia will work it out but if End and Destruction find out then they will be harder to fight because they don't know you've got shadow fire," the voice explained before disappearing again
"I was hallucinating," Percy lied
"No you were not!" Thalia screamed walking towards him and Percy's eyes widened.
"Let me talk to you privately, please," Percy pulled Thalia to the side and Artemis dismissed the hunters.

Artemis slowly crept towards where Percy and Thalia were talking.

"What are doing?" Thalia asked
"Throwing a bubble around us so no one can hear us," Percy explained while drawing a bubble out of his hands and expanding it to fit the size he needed.
"Ok what the hell was going on?" Thalia asked
"Look, to fight End and Destruction, I have to find the shadow lord and get the power of shadow fire. It's the only way," Percy reasoned
"No! No you can't do it!" Thalia screamed
"Why not?" Percy asked confused
"No one has ever survived trying to find the shadow lord," Thalia said quietly
"Oh," Percy sighed "I thought it was gonna be something like 'No you can't do it! I can't lose you again! The shadow lords too powerful!'" Percy laughed

Thalia wacked Percy on the back of his head as he continued to laugh and Thalia finally cracked a smile. Artemis stood behind a tree and watched them both. Jealously flooded her body and she clenched her fists. How dare she?!

Word Count : 1153