Chapter 17

Thalia's PoV

Percy crashed down onto his knees, Artemis grabbed his shoulders tightly and pushed Percy forward. In her hand was a sliver dagger covered in Percy's blood. The room was filled with screams of agony from Percy.
"Artemis why?" I asked confused yet angry
"She's not Artemis," Chaos said looking into my eyes
"Then who?" I questioned kneeling down towards Percy and grasping his hand
"Destruction. I will have to tell you all the full story when we go to camp Olympus," Chaos said
"No I have to, I can't let her get hurt again," I felt rage at the fact Percy was doing so much for Artemis, woah what are these feeling? Urgh! Get lost! Stupid emotions! You let your emotions get in the way of your life last and what happened? Luke betrayed you!

Percy's PoV

I called out to someone, I didn't know who I just did. Artemis. I can't let her get hurt again. I shakily stood up.
"Perseus don't do it, it will likely kill you," Chaos pleaded
"If it mean Artemis can live then I'll take the chance," I said boldly and took a breath. I stretched my hands out and twisted pulling at Artemis's head. A string of red mixed with black and orange appeared in my hand as I pulled it out from my Artemis head. Woah, when did she become mine? I shook my head and focused on the strand.

A blurry image came to shape in front of me, I felt the ancient power radiate onto me and I shivered, I saw Chaos cover Thalia from the side of vision.
"Destruction," I gritted my teeth.
"Hello young hero, Perseus," he smiled
"Stop, you will never hurt anyone that I love anymore," I growled
"Well well, look at this young hero's love for his beloved friends especially Artemis," he smirked
"Keep her out of this! It's between you and me just as the prophecy states!" I said
"What's your deal? Then I will think," he outstretched his hands, black fire erupted from his hands.
"Do anything to them and I will not spare you nor End," I shouted
"You can't do anything to us. You do not have Shadow Fire, you can not hurt us," he smiled evilly
"We'll see about that, keep them out of this and I'll fight you both of you," I gave out
"Quite a proposal, I think I'll go with that now," Destruction smiled
"Good," I stated
"We'll meet again young hero," the black fire stopped
"That is for sure," I agreed
"Goodbye Perseus, Chaos," he winked at me before leaving and I collapsed onto the floor.

I grasped Artemis's hand, I pulled myself closer to her. I need to stay strong for her, for Artemis. I growled and picked Artemis up in bridal style. She opened her eyes a tiny bit and saw my bloody face and stroked my cheek.

I gave her a weak smile and she saw through the mask, I was hurt, I was fatally hurt. An I was losing the battle.

Artemis's PoV

I saw the fight going through his eyes and I widened my eyes, I stroked his cheek. He gave me a weak smile and I saw through all of it. The pain, the misery, the hurt, the betrayal. He opened up to me.
"Put me down," I glared at him
"No can do, you'll collapse if you try to walk," he gulped
"Stop! Let me down!" I thrashed around and pain erupted in my lower back.
"Stop! Your spin still need to heal, because of me," he whispered the last part
"No matter what happens or what you do to me, I'll always be there," I wiped a tear off his face, he smiled again and I smiled back. We arrived at the infirmary and he popped me down onto a bed.

I stared right up at the ceiling as I heard the cries of pain from the other side of the room. Order held my hand and I squirmed under the thought of Chaos pulling so much blood out of Percy because of Destruction.

"Let me go to him please," I begged Order, she shook her knowing that if she said anything it would turn into sobs.
"Please! I-I need to! Percy!" I pleaded
"Wait!" I heard Percy shout
"Arty?" He called and Order put her hand over my mouth. I glared at her so hard that she flinched. I begged her with my eyes and she finally broke.