Chapter 27

Artemis's PoV

What did the prophecy mean that one shall take a peak? What if that means that me or Percy will think about going to the other side?

Stop it Artemis! The prophecy can have double meanings too. I sighed and stuffed more stuff into a never ending bag Percy had leant to me.

I sat down with a thump. I raised my hands and rubbed my head.

"Need to relax?" Percy grinned from the door way "I know the perfect place."
"Sure. Wouldn't mind that." I answered, following him

The thoughts of everything mixed together and just swirled around. It was too much for me to handle. I just couldn't grasp that we are having a third war all in a row of just years.

"Here. Sit down." Percy pulled me down to the ground. I was so into my thoughts I hadn't even realised where we were.

It was beautiful. The sun was setting and was giving a reddish orange effect on the water. The animals all whooped and chirped behind us.

"It's beautiful." I admired
"Like you." Percy muttered

I ignored that. Why let a comment like that ruin the time? I mean it was a compliment but I mean it's not that I don't like compliments just that I'm not used to them. What's wrong with me?

"What's wrong Arty? You seem distracted." Percy turned towards me
"No. Just that the people who died are back and then the prophecy, just too much to handle I guess." I sighed
"Yeah. I get what you mean," Percy smiled
"How are you so calm? I mean like whenever anything happens it's like you think twice about what you say." I said
"Yeah I do. It's better to think that just say. Your opinion isn't yours as soon as it comes out your mouth. We're not entitled to our opinions." He says
"Wow. That's really deep." I replied

He smiled. This was perfect. I finally saw that we were sat on a single patch on grass the rest was all pretty small sliver and blue lowers that I had never seen before.

I shifted and knelt towards the flowers. I felt Percy move around me to see what I was doing. I picked one up in the middle on my forefinger and middle finger.

"It's amazing. Never saw anything like this before." I said shocked
"Well then you must of caused it," Percy said
"What how?" I turned to him
"It's silver." He pointed out
"And blue." I added

I turned and so did he. That moment where you wish that if had stayed forever that it would of been amazing. I stared into his eyes. Making sure not to lose a second of this. Who could of know a moment like this could be the beginning of such a thing.

............

Percy's PoV

I stared at the ceiling and sighed. That moment it was perfect. If only... if only I could find out if she really loved me.

I sat up and paced the room not realising that someone had entered. How could I? I mean she could love me. But she could also not. But then why would she care so much about me? Why would it matter to her that if I died then she would grieve my death beyond anyone else's? And the same for me.

I twisted pulling the two knifes I had found that night when I was digging, out of my sleeves. And I then judo flipped the person who had entered the room, with the knives against their throat.

"Um....Well, you know this is my cabin. And I kinda don't like to be welcomed that way." Jason gulped. I sheepishly pulled him up and rubbed the back of my neck.