Twenty Three

Melissa

"What do you want to talk about mommy?" Isabella asked as I grabbed two chairs and placed them on the ground.

"Well mommy has something very important that I want to tell you" I said as we both sat down.

"What is it mommy?" Isabella asked.

I looked straight into those blue eyes of her, I immediately felt guilty about not telling her.

"Mommy don't cry" Isabella went up to me and started to give me a hug.

"Honey it's just hard" I said as I wipe the fallen tears off my face.

"Mommy i'm dying to know what you're going to tell me" Isabella says.

"Um honey it's about your father" I started off as I see her eyes light up a little.

"Daddy?? Are you finally going to tell me where he is?" Isabella started to get excited.

"Isabella you've already met your father" I continued as Isabella looked at me confused.

"Where?" Isabella asked as I looked around the room.

I spotted William talking to Mitch and Auston, I pointed to where William was standing.

"Where I don't see him, all I see is Uncle Will" Isabella said as she tried to look for him.

"Honey that's your father" I said to her "Uncle Will is not your uncle, he's your father."

Her face was unreadable, I felt bad right after that.

I started to cry until I saw her look at me.

"Mommy I have a daddy!!" Isabella was excited as I was surprised by her reaction.

"You're not mad?" I asked her.

"Mom i'm six years old, I don't care for these things, i'm just happy to find out who my daddy is" Isabella says as I give her a hug.

I'm truly lucky to have her as a daughter.

                           William

"Mitch why do you keep staring over there?" I ask him.

"No reason" Mitch says as Melissa and Isabella make their way towards us.

Melissa and Isabella both look happy so I knew exciting something happened.

Melissa motions for Isabella to come my way.

Isabella stops right in front of me.

"My daddy" Isabella says to me.

I look up at Melissa as she begins to cry. I turn to Mitch and Auston as they just motion to me to hug her.

I kneel down to Isabella height.

"Hi Isabella" I said to her as she gives me a hug.

I cry tears of joy knowing that my daughter finally knows about me.

I'm happy that this father and daughter story has a perfect ending.

But unfortunately the mother and father story doesn't have a happy ending.

I look behind me to see Hailey standing there looking pissed which didn't make sense to me.

She just glared at Melissa like she has done something wrong.