Snow Day || Chapter five

As it was nearing the end of December, it was constantly alternating between freezing and absolutely bolticly freezing.
Today, Wednesday, was the former - and school happened to be cancelled due to the road conditions as there was heavy snowfall overnight.
You groaned as you received a text from Jimin after you'd gotten ready to leave letting you know you could stay in bed.
too late now.

You sighed as you changed your school uniform into something a little more cozy for relaxing in - and brought your blankets downstairs to curl up into a burrito and watch Netflix for a while.

A few episodes into a new series, you heard the creak of the stairs as your mom came through with her work bag slung over her shoulder. "Oh, schools off?" She inquired, raising an eyebrow at your lazy state. "Yeah," You replied, fixated on the screen. She smiled, and left the room, calling a goodbye before leaving for the next five or so hours.

You hummed into the cover, and contemplated wether to get food from the kitchen or not.

Ahhh. It's too far! I can't get up.
I don't want to leave my burrito. It's so cozy!
You frowned, stomach rumbling as you craved the snacks in the kitchen cupboard.

Ding.

You felt a buzz from your pocket, and pulled out your phone to find a text from Taehyung.

Taetae: Morning y/n!! :D

Ah, a good morning text. You received one almost every morning from Taehyung, but today you noticed it was later than usual.

Y/N: did you sleep in? Also morning :)

The three bubbles appeared almost instantly, and you waited for a reply by focusing back on the screen.
Damn, Breaking Bad isn't actually half bad.

Taetae: You always see right through me ;) yah, but thankfully school was off so it's no prob!!

Y/N: of course I do!

Taetae: soooo...

You raised an eyebrow at the sudden topic changer, and awaited an answer.

Y/N: Soooo...?

Taetae: are you busy today? Wanna hang out? You can come to mine, but my family are home if you don't mind :p

You contemplated for a moment, but decided against the idea. You were starving, and didn't want to get dressed again. You were so contempt curled up in your little den watching Netflix you really didn't want to go.

But hanging out with Tae is always sooooo worth it...
Plus, you missed his dog.
Ugh, Fetch is so cute!!

You frowned, but before you could type a response, another chatroom opened.

Hobi: Hey y/n!

Oh, it's only Hoseok. You figured he just wanted to go over some homework or something, but his suggestion later proved to make things a little awkward.

Y/N: morning :)

Hobi: Did Namjoon tell you that I found a new game? Well, I was wondering if you wanted to come round and play today?

Oh, yeah.
You were totally down for playing video games with Hoseok, but today wasn't the right day. He lived on the other side of town, and it was really heavily snowing.
Also, like in Taehyung's case, you weren't ready.

You sighed as you typed a rejection, and saw Taehyung's tab pop open again.

Taetae: Y/N-ahhh u still alive?? 🙁