Changing Room || Chapter fifteen

You sprayed some perfume before running down the stairs and unlocking the front door. You didn't know why you were running, though, because you were especially early this Monday morning.

After closing the front door, you noticed a familiar boy with a beige beanie on standing by the gate.

"Morning," he greeted, a small smile enlightening his features as usual; his morning text no longer necessary. You smiled back, a little wearily. "You're early," he stated, and you bit your lip, "Yeah."
His smile remained as you opened the gate, and he indicated to the little patches of snow on the pavement, "It's really icy, be careful."
You simply nodded in response.

You wondered what he was thinking. He seemed fine the whole way to school, Sure, a little quiet, but contempt. Not yesterday he was looking like he was on the verge to flipping a table, or tears- or both.
You were watching him carefully, trying to pick him apart, but his shell was formidable.

Just as you walked into the school grounds, you continued walking towards the side door, as usual, not really thinking much about your route as you did it everyday, but just as you reached the door, you felt an absence suddenly.

"Tae?" You looked around, your best friend suddenly gone. "Uh, Tae?" You asked again, looking towards the gate, but seeing nothing.
That's weird, he doesn't leave without saying anything. Where is he?

"Hey!" Namjoon said as you were at your locker, packing your books. You turned to him with pursed lips, eyebrows furrowed.
"Whoa, what's up?" He asked, his expression showing worry suddenly.
"Have you seen Tae?" You asked, and he shrugged. Of course not, they aren't in the same classes. "He's acting weird."

"Weird as in Tae weird or-"
"He left me this morning without a word, and I haven't seen him since." You frowned.

"Oh, that is weird." Namjoon stated, and you sighed. "I'm guessing that's a no."

Namjoon nudged you in the middle of Maths, obviously bored because he already memorised the whole theorem. "Do you need help?" He asked, and you shook your head. You were just getting the hang of it, so you were fine without his help.

"You have Taehyung next lesson, for Gym?" He asked, and you nodded - half listening because of the work infront of you.

"Well, I'm sure he'll rush to be your partner by then. Don't feel so dumped."
You smacked Namjoons arm as you shook your head, "I don't appreciate the implications there, Joon. You make it seem like I'm obsessed with him."

Namjoon scoffed, "Yeah, almost forgot about you and Jungkook." He rolled his eyes, and you turned to glare at him, "Me and Jungkook what?"
"Oh, please. We all saw his snapchat. Don't deny you guys are dating."

You snorted, and the teacher turned from the board to glare at you. "Namjoon, Y/N, stop disrupting the class."
Everyone else turned to look for a moment, but carried on with their work thereafter.

"We're not dating, Joon. We just went for dinner after the cinema." You hissed, shaking your head.
"Oh, really?" He hummed, and you groaned.

"I know it's not really my business, but shouldn't you be more tentative with Jungkook if you are dating?" Namjoon asked, and you shrugged, "How am I supposed to know? What does that even mean?"

Namjoon sighed, "It's just, I sometimes get the impression you and Tae have something going on, but then I see you with Jungkook, making out in a restaurant. I don't understand girls."

You practically chocked at his remark, confused wether to be astonished, offended, or embarrassed.
"I- I don't even know what to say to that." You replied, "First off, I am not dating Jungkook! We didn't make out! Secondly, aren't you supposed to be super smart?" You quipped, face heating with annoyance at Namjoons ignorant perception.