Tangle || Chapter thirty-four

His fingers coiled in hers.

His hand drifting from her waist to her hip.

His smile crinkling his eyes, which flickered from hers to yours.

There was no escaping it; every room he walked into fell to pieces, the glass shattering along the floorboards in which you walked, a trail left behind by the two of them as you tip-toed along the shards, attempting to minimise the pain, but you still bled, leaving a line for someone else to slip in.

"Mon, these are my friends. Guys, meet Monica, my girlfriend."

Your heart skipped a beat as you saw the new face appear in the canteen, her puckered lips upturned to greet you as her hand swiped through her silky, thick black hair. "Nice to meet you all, Kookie talks a lot about you guys!" She chimed, and you glanced to see everyone staring at her with a mouth agape and wide eyes.

"Uh, Nice to meet you too, Monica?" Namjoon spoke, and she bowed girlishly in response, giggling as she leaned into Jungkook.

You watched with dazed eyes as she stole a quick kiss from him before leaving with one last smile, her eyes skimming you over briefly from head to toe before her eyebrows raised.

"Jungkook... who was that." Hoseok said, seemingly fazed by what he just witnessed. You couldn't bring yourself to look around the table to see everyone else as they chimed in, congratulating him on his new girlfriend.

Infact, you and Taehyung were the only ones to not comment.

Probably because Taehyung wasn't even there.

"We met a few weeks back, she asked for my number at a coffee shop and we started texting a lot. We had our first date yesterday, actually." He grinned, eyes glued to the ceiling and a finger on his chin as he recalled his encounter with his new beautiful girlfriend.

You couldn't even look at him. Your emotions swirled around in your chest like a lion in a cage - scratching and clawing to get out as it was a mixture of anger, confusion, and doubt.

"Well, she's a stunner. You really scored, Kook."

The chair screeched against the floor as you sprinted out the cafeteria, unwilling to ever look back to the table in the corner as you bit your lip and sped towards the bathroom, snatching your bag off the rack as you left.

"Y/N!" You heard a distinct call just before you threw the bathroom door open and ran to one of the stalls, slamming the door shut behind you.

"Y/N! What's wrong?" Jimin squeaked from outside the bathroom door, and you ignored him.

How stupid.

What else should I have expected?

"Y/N..." your name was chanted through the door, and you placed your head in your hands as you sat on the toilet lid.

"Go away, Jimin." You said just loud enough for him to hear.

"I'm not leaving."

You sighed into your palm. Leave me alone.

"Please."

"No."

"Jimin, go away!"

It went silent. You shut your eyes tightly as the sound of your shout echoed against the walls of the bathroom, and you knew everyone in the corridor would have heard it, not only Jimin.